The global market for Aerospace Foams is forecast to reach US$5.9 billion by 2024, driven by the growing demand for innovative interior materials as aircraft OEMs push the design boundaries on cost, weight, creativity and comfort. Polymer foam composite sandwich solutions and high performance foam cores that are developed in keeping with the high-quality design and production requirements of aircraft manufacturers, are playing a pivotal role in improving the lifecycle costs and environmental footprint of aircraft. Demand for polyurethane foams is supported by material characteristics such as versatility and availability in a range of densities, rigidities, hardness and tensile strength. PU foams are preferred for their durability, toughness, lightweight, and abrasion resistance, which render them suitable for roofing, flooring, seat cushioning, insulation and other aerospace applications. Polyurethane products in particular enjoy versatility unmatched by other aerospace grade materials.
Major factors driving growth in the market include:
- continued recovery in global GDP, robust outlook for commercial aviation and recovery in world military and defense budgets;
- large order backlogs and robust new orders that keep the aircraft assembly line busy;
- the enduring bull run of aircraft delivery growth;
- continuing quest for quieter cabins and the resulting interest in high performance aerospace foams;
- focus on aircraft cabin retrofits to differentiate the airline brand image and the ensuing opening up of opportunities in the aftermarket.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Europe represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 7.9% over the analysis period, led by factors such as growing base of low cost carriers and the ensuing demand for small aircraft; spurt in air travel in stable and developing Asian economies as a result of the emerging middle class population, growing income and affluence, rapid urbanization; passenger aircraft fleet expansion decisions by Asian airliners to accommodate the expected growth in air passenger traffic; and expected recovery in global trade across major trade lines and the ensuing expansion of freighter fleets.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- BASF Launches World's First Particle Foam Based on Polyethersulfone Designed for Complex-Shaped Components in Airplanes, Cars and Trains
- General Plastics Launches LAST-A-FOAM® FR-4800 High-Temperature Tooling Board for Aerospace, Automotive and Composite-Manufacturing Industries
- TransDigm Acquires Skandia in a Transaction Valued at US$84 Million
- One Rock to Acquire FXI, a Leading Foam Producer
- Rogers Introduces BISCO® HT-350 Silicone Foam Solution Designed for Gasketing and Sealing Applications
Product Definition & Scope
- Foams represent a category of cellular-structured low-density materials that find use with multifarious applications, such as cushioning, packaging insulation, vibration damping, and acoustic attenuation, across diverse verticals. Aerospace foams, including polyurethane (PU) foams, polyethylene (PE) foams, ceramic foams, and metal foams, are finding increasing application in military, general, and commercial aircraft manufacturing.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and Rest of World
- Aerofoam Industries
- Armacell International S.A.
- Boyd Corporation
- Evonik Industries AG
- Rogers Corporation
- SABIC Innovative Plastics Holding BV
- Zotefoams Plc
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.