The global market for Multiscreen Content Discovery Engines is projected to reach US$77.7 billion by 2024, driven by the growing focus of service providers on building and maintaining successful multi-screen, multi-platform OTT services. The service differentiation value of delivering personalized and relevant content and recommendations across connected devices cannot be undermined especially against the backdrop of rising multi-screen viewership patterns and increased multitasking on multiple screens. The complex viewing habits of consumers offers a fertile environment for the growth of multi-screen content discovery engines which are defined as a software algorithm built to determine the most relevant and interesting content and provide personalized recommendations for users based on multiple parameters including earlier search history, browsing behavior and personal preferences. Other major factors influencing growth in the market include growing number of hours per day consumers spend across TV, laptop, smartphones, eReaders and tablets; rise of digital modes of entertainment and the resulting need for service providers to create coherent communications across multiple screens; growing penetration of social TV; rising popularity of video on demand (VOD) and Internet TV, among others. Benefits of content discovery for content service providers, publishers and marketers include enhancement in visibility and increased reach; customer retention; new customer acquisition; helps build brand reputation; drives traffic back to a publisher/marketer/service provider’s website; enables companies build valuable relationships with customers based on trust; improved overall user experience; and enables cross media and cross platform promotions. Europe represents the largest market, worldwide. Asia-Pacific is forecast to emerge as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 40.1 % over the analysis period, driven by the region’s digitalizing consumer lifestyles and expanding Internet user base; robust penetration of smartphones and tablets; growing cloud readiness index of developing Asian countries and a parallel rise of the on-demand economy, e-commerce, m-commerce and consumer cloud services including online video and music streaming, OTT services.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Com Hem Selects TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery Platform in a Move to Provide a Personalized, Feature-Rich Entertainment Experience
- NPAW and Spideo Integrate Technologies in a Bid to Boost Content Discovery and Recommendation
- Massive Partners with ThinkAnalytics for AI-Powered UX Solution to Deliver an Entirely New Dynamic Personalised Experience for Viewers
- IDG Enters into Strategic Partnership with Outbrain to Apply Latter’s Suite of Engage Solution Tools
- Tata Sky Chooses ThinkAnalytics for Personalized Content Discovery in a Move to Power Personalized Content Recommendations across Connected Devices
- ClearTax Takes Over TOOTL, an Infotainment App that Offers Personalised Content Using Predictive Tools.
Product Definition & Scope
- Multiscreen content discovery engine is a software platform implemented to search for personalized content online. These systems typically suggest content based on past behavior or purchases by using filtering techniques such as collaborative filtering and content based filtering. By learning consumer’s preferences and adapting brand experiences, these engines discover and apply patterns to suggest recommendations to consumers. The system can also be implemented to enhance existing systems and deploy new services. For instance, within the TV industry, the content discovery platform utilizes television and video on demand meta-data, in order to search and deliver appropriate content. The system implements key modules, which are primarily based on Relevance Engine social search, which typically suggests appropriate content in accordance to preferences. A content discovery engine can be implemented to deliver personalized content to mobile devices, set top boxes and websites.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- eBay, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- Outbrain, Inc.
- Ooyala, Inc.
- TiVo Corporation
- ThinkAnalytics Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.