Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
The global market for Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) is projected to reach US$814 million by 2024, driven by rising incidence of coronary artery disease; technology development and launch of integrated systems, such as IVUS-OCT systems; and preference for less invasive endovascular interventions for management of coronary artery atherosclerosis. Benefits of IVUS driving its adoption as a standard in cardiology include reduced risk of adverse cardiovascular events as a result of lower restenosis and risk of stent thrombosis; enables the use larger stents or balloons for higher post-dilatation benefits; better clinical outcomes in patients undergoing revascularization with drug-eluting stents (DES); provides accurate measurement of lesion length and size, superior visualization of thrombus and easy identification of plaque; ability to penetrate to a depth of over 4-8 mm inside the vessel wall; among others. The limitations of traditional angiography have and will continue to drive the importance of IVUS as a valuable adjunct to angiography in terms of providing new insights and cross sectional data regarding plaque morphology that aid in improving coronary disease diagnosis and treatment outcomes. A key trend in the market is the growing popularity of integrated systems such as IVUS-OCT, IVUS-NIRS, and IVUS-IVPA systems. After overcoming initial hurdles, the speed of a synchronized integrated IVUS-OCT system currently is fast enough for safe imaging of coronary arteries. Integrated IVUS-NIRS enables lipid content from the NIRS chemogram image to be mapped onto the coronary artery structural information gathered by the IVUS transducer, thereby enabling more exact detection of vulnerable plaque. The United States represents the largest market worldwide supported by a large population of cardiovascular patients along with supportive reimbursement framework. Japan also represents an important market with its rapidly aging society. Asia-Pacific is expected to spearhead future growth led by growing population and healthcare burden; developing healthcare infrastructure; rise of private hospitals with large budgets dedicated for investments in advanced diagnostic and surgical equipment and technology; rise of medical tourism in low cost Asian countries and the resulting competitive pressure to achieve excellence of patient care.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Conavi Receives FDA Clearance for Novasight Hybrid OCT/IVUS System that Enables Simultaneous Imaging of Coronary Arteries with IVUS & OCT
- Philips Enters into Global Collaboration Agreement with HeartFlow to Improve Access to Diagnostic and Planning Tools for Interventional Cardiologists
- Infraredx Launches Makoto™ Intravascular Imaging System and Dualpro™ IVUS+NIRS Catheter in the Japanese Market
- Philips Exhibits Integrated Vascular Solutions Designed for Diagnosis, Image-Guided Therapy & Connected Care
- Philips Re-launches Pioneer Plus Catheter, the First and Only Re-Entry Device with IVUS Capabilities and Needle Deployment
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, IVUS Catheters will remain the largest market, followed by IVUS Consoles.
- IVUS Catheters is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by the increasing demand for disposable catheters for minimizing the risk of infections, allowing faster recovery and reducing hospital stay.
Product Definition & Scope
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) refers to a cardiovascular imaging test that is predominantly performed for examining the coronary arteries. IVUS combines the benefits of heart ultrasound or echocardiogram with that of cardiac catheterization to facilitate in-depth view of the interior of the arterial wall, and thereby is capable of indicating the existence of a coronary disease as well as showing the degree of damage to arterial walls. IVUS is also employed for determining both plaque volumes in the artery wall and/or the level of stenosis of the artery lumen.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America) and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) Catheters, Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) Consoles, and Others
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Infraredx™, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Siemens Healthineers
- GE Healthcare
- Silicon Valley Medical Instruments
- Hitachi Aloka Medical America
- Samsung Medison
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.