The global market for Multi-Service Business Gateway (MSBG) is projected to reach US$3.3 billion by 2024, driven by the growing value of converged voice and data services. Enterprise grade MSBG is witnessing strong gains supported by growing awareness among small and medium businesses (SMBs) over the combined benefits of SIP trunking services, IP Centrex connectivity, unified communications and flexible PSTN and legacy PBX connectivity to VoIP. Benefits of MSBG driving its adoption among both service providers and SMBs include centralized and integrated management of VoIP, data, security and access; secured SIP trunking in IP-PBX environment; higher quality of experience (QoE); simplified management and low cost maintenance; seamless connectivity to cloud services; ready support for hosting a wide range of business applications; support for advanced communication applications such as streaming, conferencing; highly interoperable enabling multiple service provider connectivity to optimize tariffs. Other broad macro market factors influencing growth in the market include globalization of businesses and the resulting increase in the number of large distributed enterprises with multiple branch offices spread across the world; increased adoption among service providers against the backdrop of the growing popularity of hosted PBX and cloud-based services; growing popularity of unified communications and the ensuing focus shed on enabling multi-service branch office unified communications. Europe represents the largest market worldwide in terms of unit shipments, while Asia-Pacific is forecast to emerge as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 10.1% over the analysis period. The growth in the region is led by healthy economic growth and a parallel expansion of the enterprise sector and growing number of SMBs; growing demand for MSBG to cost-effectively tackle the growing security threats in enterprises and the resulting popularity of MSBG with integrated session border control; and robust demand for Unified Communications applications and services.
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Allot Inks Distribution Agreement with Lifeboat for Supply of its SSG Unified Solution in the North American Market
- RAD Launches Megaplex-1 Multiservice Pseudowire Access Gateway in a Move to Address the Needs of Critical Infrastructure Utilities, Transportation & Government Network Operators
- Advantech Launches UTX-3117 Fanless & Extended-Temp Embedded Box in a Move to Empower its Industrial IoT Solutions
- Media5, Leading Provider of IP-based Multimedia Communication Solutions, Launches Sentinel 100 Session Border Controller
- Sonus Merges with GENBAND in a Move to Become the Largest, Most Innovative, Dedicated & Secure Global Real-Time Communications Company
Product Definition & Scope
- Multi-service business gateway (MSBG) is the device which combines several network data and voice communications function in single device. Aimed at small and medium enterprises (SMEs), MSBG incorporates crucial functions including VoIP, routing, as well as security (firewall, virtual private networking, intrusion detection/prevention) in a fault-tolerant single platform, with common management plane and control oriented around service. MSBG can comprise functionality including storage, wireless networking and web/e-mail server and filtering.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of World
- ADTRAN, Inc.
- Allied Telesis, Inc.
- Aricent Inc.
- Avaya, Inc.
- Broadcom, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Fortinet, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.