The global market for Glyphosate is projected to exceed 1.2 million metric tons by 2022, driven by expanding applications in a wide range of crops hitherto sensitive to glyphosate supported by the growing adoption of genetically modified herbicide tolerant crops and the myriad benefits offered by this most popular and widely used herbicidal crop protection chemical. Benefits of glyphosate in modern agriculture include effective chemical control of a broad spectrum of weeds; reduced need for tillage and ploughing the soils and the resulting easy and cost effective sowing of seeds directly into stubble fields; safer on human health and environment as compared to other alternatives; raises the economic sustainability of agriculture; effective in controlling larger weeds; improvements in harvest quality in crops such as sugarcane, corn, canola and soybean. Other factors major driving growth in the market include focus on enhancing agricultural output to feed the expanding global population through sophisticated farming and cropping methods; ever present need for controlling weeds in agricultural lands and the resulting demand for crop protection solutions in agricultural economies around the world; increased use in weed control in non-agricultural settings such as highways, gardens, national parks and golf courses. Excessive use in both burndown and in-crop weed control is however raising concerns over the risk of glyphosate resistance in weeds. As a result governments are enforcing best practices that reduce the risk of glyphosate-resistant weeds. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide, followed by the United States. The region, spearheaded by China, also ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 6.6% over the analysis period. Key factors responsible for the unprecedented rise of China as the global glyphosate powerhouse include promotion of China-made glyphosate in foreign markets, new pesticide administrative policies brought forward by the Chinese government and new collaborative deals by Chinese manufacturers with global glyphosate majors.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Bayer Completes Acquisition of Monsanto in a Move to Strengthen its Position as a Leading Agricultural Company
- Bayer Divests Seed and Herbicide Businesses to BASF in a Bid to Expand its Presence in the Digital Agriculture Business
- With the Aim to Focus on Industrialization & Internationalization, Sinochem International Plans to Divest its Stake in Nantong Jiangshan Agrochemical
- UPL to Acquire Arysta LifeScience in a Transaction Valued at US$4.2 Billion
- Nufarm Acquires FMC’s European Herbicide Product Portfolio in a Move to Foray into the European Market
Product Definition & Scope
- Glyphosate, a non-selective, systemic herbicide is the largest selling agro-chemical product in the world. The herbicide is an odorless, colorless crystalline powder that is widely used as a broad-spectrum herbicide for killing weeds, primarily perennials. Glyphosate is mostly sold as water-soluble granules and concentrates. Application of the herbicide on the tree stump, injecting into the trunk, aerial spraying for absorption through leaves, broadcasting, and cut-stump treatment for forestry are few of the methods in which glyphosate is applied to crop fields. Glyphosate efficiently kills weeds in home gardens, yards, amenity areas, and crop fields, and is employed around the world for silviculture, agriculture, horticulture and garden management purposes.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America, and Rest of World
- Anhui Huaxing Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- DowDuPont, Inc.
- Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinochem Group Co., Ltd.
- UPL Limited
- Zhejiang Jinfanda Biochemical Co. Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.