The global market for Baby Toiletries is projected to reach US$18.6 billion by 2022, driven by the paramount importance given to baby health, decline in infant mortality as a result of superior medical care, and increased willingness among working mothers to pay a price premium for organic and natural baby care products. Well-educated and informed parents and growing number of research studies highlighting a number of chemicals that are toxic to developing brains and immune system of infants and children are driving demand for natural and organic baby products that are safe and harmless on babies’ skin and health. Poised to gain from the trend are biodegradable products, which are eco-friendly, sustainably harvested, hypoallergic and chemical-free. Other major trends in the market include improvements in demographic status of societies in developing countries, education and financial independence of women and the resulting increase in spending on baby care products; growing popularity of flushable, non-wovens baby wet wipes; launch of talc-free organic baby powder as an alternative to talc based powders that cause serious lung damage when inhaled by infants; increased use of baby powder as an astringent for prevention of diaper rash in addition to its use as a deodorant; growing popularity of mild, gentle and non-greasy baby shampoo and conditioners; increased R&D investments in the development of eco-friendly and biodegradable products; and robust demand for alcohol-and-chemical free baby wipes made from natural and organic substances. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 7.6% over the analysis period. Major factors driving growth in the region include improvements in demographic status of societies in developing countries, education and financial independence of women which encourage spending on baby toiletries; higher fertility in emerging countries as against the global average; rapid urbanization; rise in the number of working women; dual income households and rising disposable income; growing awareness over the importance of baby hygiene and care; and trend towards fewer children per family and increasing per capita spending per child.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Nestlé to Acquire Full Stake in Galderma in a Move to Foray into the Specialized Medical Skin Treatment Market
- Edgewell Personal Care Unveils Sunscreen Line Manufactured Without the Use of Oxybenzone, Parabens, Added Oils & Fragrances
- JOHNSON’S® Baby to Roll Out the First Semi-Therapeutic Product Line, JOHNSON’S® Baby HEAD-TO-TOE®, in Jeddah
- Bübchen Launches Sunscreens for Sensitive Baby and Child Skin in Three Variants including Bübchen Sensitive Sun Milk with SPF 30, Bübchen Sensitiv Sun Lotion with SPF 50+ and Bübchen Sensitiv Face Cream
- Hamco Takes Over Sassy Baby Care Product Line in a Transaction Valued at US$6.5 Million
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Baby Skin Care Products will remain the largest market, followed by Baby Wipes.
- Baby Shampoo and Baby Cotton Buds are projected to witness the fastest growth over the analysis period.
Product Definition & Scope
- Baby toiletries are defined as baby products that are used for maintaining proper hygiene of babies. Baby toiletries comprise baby wipes, baby soaps, shampoo and gels, lotion and powder, skin care products, bath additives, and cotton buds.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2015-2022
- Historic Review 2009-2014
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa, and Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Baby Wipes, Baby Shampoo, Baby Skin Care, Baby Powder, Baby Bath Additives, Baby Soaps, and Baby Cotton Buds
- Beiersdorf S.p.A.
- Earth Mama Organics
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- L'Oréal S.A.
- Me n Moms Pvt. Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.