The global market for High-Intensity Artificial Sweeteners is projected to reach US$2.5 billion by 2024, driven by global trends in weight loss diets against the backdrop of global obesity, mandatory calorie labelling norms, and strict calorie counting among health conscious consumers. Rising preference for convenient food solutions driven by increasingly busy lifestyles and changing food habits of consumers will continue to foster demand for healthy, low calorie, low sugar packaged foods. Popular types of artificial sweeteners approved for use in food processing include Aspartame, Acesulfame-K, Sucralose, Neotame, and Saccharin. Other factors driving growth in the market include increased investments in R&D of new formulations; and unchanged consumer desire for tasteful and sweetened foods despite rising obesity rates and the ensuing increase in the use of non-nutritive sweeteners; robust demand for sucralose-based sweeteners supported by their sugar like taste and well established safety testing programs that validate safe use of sucralose in a wide variety of food products; growing applications of artificial sweeteners in dairy products and breakfast cereals; use of artificial sweeteners in salad dressings and salty snack foods; sugar supply and pricing volatility and the ensuing increased reliance on synthetic sweeteners; growing popularity of neotame backed its high sweetness index which is 7,000 to 13,000 times sweeter than sucrose and its resulting increased use in beverages and soy based food products. Growing demand for canned and packaged foods and alcoholic beverages will continue to benefit consumption of Acesulfame-K given its longer shelf life. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 7% over the analysis period, led by factors such as socially contagious spread of obesity in emerging Asian economies as a result of rising standards of living/affluence and changing lifestyle and behavioral patterns that coincide with economic and demographic changes and high voltage marketing and branding initiatives of food manufacturers.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Celanese Gains Four New Patents for Sunett® Ace-K Sweetener in a Move to Offer Highest Quality & Reliability Standards of Sunett® Portfolio
- Guangye L&P Takes Over Nantong Changhai Food Additives in a Bid to Become the Largest High Intensity Sweetener Manufacturer in China
- Ajinomoto Gains Approval for Zero-Calorie Sweetener, Advantame, in Canada
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Sucralose will remain the largest market, followed by Aspartame
- Acesulfame Potassium is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by its longer shelf life that makes it useful in the production of beverages such as carbonated sodas and nutraceutical drinks.
Product Definition & Scope
- High-Intensity Artificial Sweeteners are defined as a food additive that duplicates the effect of corn syrup or sugar in taste with less food energy. They act as sugar replacement in several manufactured foods and beverages. Artificial sweeteners are generally “free foods” and don’t account as a fat, a carbohydrate, or any other exchange, as these substitutes are several times sweeter than sugar, and only a little amount is sufficient to sweeten foods. Artificial sweeteners are also known as sugar substitutes, intense (low calorie) or non-nutritive sweeteners.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Saccharin, Sucralose, and Others
- Ajinomoto Health & Nutrition North America, Inc.
- Celanese Corporation
- Heartland Food Products Group
- HYET Sweet S.A.S.
- JK Sucralose, Inc.
- Merisant US, Inc.
- SinoSweet Co., Ltd.
- Tate & Lyle plc
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.