The global market for Veterinary Vaccines is projected to reach US$10.5 billion by 2024, driven by the rise in responsible pet ownership and the ensuing importance shed on animal health and the need to reduce the use of antibiotics in food producing animals. The use of vaccines as a tool to limit the spread of antibiotic resistance is growing in popularity in livestock management and pet care, as vaccines reduce the risk of contracting infections by working with the body's natural defenses to naturally develop immunity to fight diseases. The growing global demand for animal protein, rising concerns over zoonotic infections transmitted through contaminated food and stringent regulations curbing the use of antibiotics are major factors driving demand for animal vaccines in livestock breeding. Demand in this sector will continue to benefit from the growing role played by industrial livestock production in ensuring food security. Other noteworthy trends include rise in swine production and the ensuing opening up of opportunities for porcine vaccines to safeguard against clostridial, haemophilus somnus and porcine parvovirus; rise in demand for parasitic vaccines amid growing focus on controlling parasitic diseases in animals and boost farm productivity; strong R&D focus on developing needle-free DNA vaccines for animals; and rise of plant-based vaccines. The high production costs of veterinary vaccines are driving the focus on plant based vaccines. Developments in plant-based recombinant protein production will push this trend further in the coming years. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Rest of World comprising Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East/Africa ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.8% over the analysis period. The growth in these regions will be led by rising per capita meat consumption, rising animal and public health concerns, and growing focus of livestock farmers on increasing farm yields, productivity, and profitability. Pet vaccines will witness strong growth, driven by the growing preference for animal companionship among aging households, single person households, and nuclear families.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- PHARMAQ Signs Agreement with Vinh Hoan for Pangasius Vaccine, the World’s Leading Producer & Exporter of Pangasius in Vietnam
- Boehringer Ingelheim Announces Plans to Establish Strategic Production Center for Veterinary Public Health in France
- MSD Animal Health Announces Partnership with Vinovo to Enhance Poultry Health
- Wageningen Bioveterinary Research Collaborates with Ceva Santé Animale to Develop Veterinary Vaccines
- Zoetis Begins Construction of State-of-the-Art Vaccine Manufacturing and R&D Facilities in Suzhou to Expand Animal Vaccine Research and Manufacturing in China
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Livestock Vaccines will remain the largest market, followed by Companion Animals Vaccines.
- Within the Livestock Vaccines segment, Porcine Vaccines is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by the increasing awareness about Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS).
Product Definition & Scope
- Veterinary Vaccines are antigens that stimulate the body to create antibodies or cellular immune responses to kill or neutralize the disease-causing organism without any side effects in animals. The treatment of animals can be divided into three broad categories: preventive medicines, therapeutic medicines, and others.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, and Rest of Europe), and Rest of World (China and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Companion Animal Vaccines (Canine Vaccines, & Feline Vaccines), and Livestock Vaccines (Porcine Vaccines, Bovine Vaccines, Poultry Vaccines, Ovine Vaccines, Equine Vaccines, & Other Animal Vaccines)
- Biogenesis Bago SA
- BoehringerIngelheim International GmbH
- Ceva Santé Animale
- Elanco Animal Health
- Indian Immunologicals Ltd.
- Merck Animal Health
- Virbac SA
- Zoetis Inc.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.