The savory & deli foods sector in Romania is led by the fermented meats category in both value and volume terms in 2017, while pies & savory appetizers category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of savory & deli foods in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material, followed by flexible packaging and rigid metal. Older consumers accounted for the highest consumption of savory & deli foods in 2017. ’Cris-Tim group’, ’SC Aldis SRL’ and ’Fresh Food Services Gmbh’ are the leading market players in the Romanian savory & deli foods sector.
Our Country Profile report on the savory & deli foods sector in Romania provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for cured meats, fermented meats, pates, pies & savory appetizers, pre-packed sandwiches, prepared salads and savory baked goods with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and others; pack type for: jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, box, pouch, and tube.
- The per capita consumption of savory & deli foods was higher in Romania compared to global and regional levels in 2017
- The fermented meats category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2017-2022
- The pates category is expected to gain maximum market share in volume terms during 2017-2022
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Romanian savory & deli foods sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.