The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Department stores are transforming their business model and strategy to survive as they are encounter business challenges, such as lack of differentiation and deteriorating multi-channel service quality. Additionally, in order to stay profitable, department store chains are adopting a smaller store format as well as making efforts to offer personalized service to their customers.
In-store sales and sales density are declining across the top 100 department stores. Although this channel is witnessing an increase in store numbers, the total retail space of top 100 department stores is declining. This shows that department stores are gradually shifting from standard to small store format. Clothing & footwear accounts for the highest sales through the department store channel. The home category is forecast to grow at a higher CAGR compared to other channels.
Asia-Pacific region is witnessing the highest sales in the department stores channel. However, Mass market has the highest sales value among the four price positioning segment. North America and Middle East & Africa region are observing positive sales growth across both premium and luxury segments.
"Retailer Deep Dive: Department Stores", a Deep Dive report, is one among the many products in the Digital Industry product portfolio, which provides an executive-level overview of specific retail outlets i.e. department stores. The report presents a summary of market trends and strategic issues impacting these retail outlets.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: This section provides an overview of the department stores, regional sales, and revenue analysis by category
- Trends and Issues: This section provides details about established and emerging trends, strategic challenges, and innovations in the convenience stores and gas stations.
- Retailer Dynamic: This section provides details about innovations and investments by retailers, in addition to competitive strategies, and list of major convenience stores and gas stations.
- Price Positioning: This section includes details about sales, competition, market shares of major retailers, and segregation of department stores by region and price-point.
Reasons To Buy
- This deep dive report provides a thorough analysis of major trends & innovations, and issues impacting department stores.
- The report drives special focus on strategies adopted by these retail outlets to gain competitive edge in the market.
- The report also provides an in-depth insight into the sales and price positioning of major department stores by region and category.
- With number of value added charts and tables presenting the survey findings, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.