The economy of France has been trying re-invigorate itself after the Brexit vote. Major economic as well as structural reforms have been carried out by French government to diversify the economy and increase foreign investments. Moreover, the promises of a pro-business environment by the French government has converted into stronger spending either by households or the private sector. In January 2018, French government created a ?10 billion (US$11.35 billion) fund to finance disruptive technology innovations in France in an effort to become the next tech startup destination. French enterprises are keen to make significant investments in the core areas of ICT, including hardware, software, and ICT services.
On the same time, French enterprises are allocating the highest proportion of their ICT budgets to the production, procurement, and operations business function to improve their overall efficiency. Hardware (including cloud IaaS) dominates the ICT expenditure of French enterprises and is closely followed by investments in software (including cloud SaaS). While the hardware budget is dominated by investment in desktop PCs/laptops/printers and network equipments, while data management and analytics makes up a major part of the ICT software budgets.
ICT services also occupy a relatively important position, with enterprises planning to increase their expenditure in this domain in 2018, driven by the mounting demand for application and hosting & data center services. IoT has emerged as a groundbreaking technology segment. With the benefits of reduced operational time and human intervention, IoT technologies such as, autoID and mobility technologies, along with network and security sensors, are gaining popularity among French enterprises.
Furthermore, ICT expenditure in the France is driven by investments in advanced technologies such as IoT and cloud computing, as well as increasing investments in enterprise applications and data and analytics solution. Therefore, ICT vendors offering products and services in these domains clearly have high growth opportunities in the market.
"ICT Investment Trends in France", a Customer Insight Survey report, is one of the many products in the Digital Industry product portfolio, which provides an executive-level overview of the enterprise ICT budget trends in the country. The report presents a summary of enterprise ICT investment strategy in 2017, change in annual enterprise ICT budget allocation from 2017 to 2018, enterprise technology priorities, and analysis of ICT vendors.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Executive Summary: This section provides key findings from the survey, and survey demographics.
- Enterprise ICT Investment Strategy in 2017: This section provides survey findings on key business objectives influencing enterprise ICT investment, breakdown of enterprise ICT spend by business function, and key decision making entities for enterprise technology investments.
- Enterprise ICT Budget Allocations - 2017 vs. 2018: This section presents survey findings on the annual change in enterprise ICT budget allocation by ICT function, by business function and by vendor type.
- Segment ICT Budget Allocations - 2017 vs. 2018: This section presents survey findings on the annual change in enterprise hardware/software/managed IT/network and communications services budget allocations.
- Future Outlook - Enterprise Technology Priorities: This section presents comparative survey findings on current enterprise technology investment priorities and over the next two years.
- ICT - Vendor Analysis: This section provides survey findings on the most preferred ICT technology vendors for enterprises in the country.
Reasons To Buy
- This customer insight survey report provides a thorough analysis of the enterprise ICT budget trends in the country, and strategic technology objectives of enterprises.
- The report drives special focus on enterprise ICT investment strategy in 2017, change in enterprise ICT budget from 2017 to 2018, and change in ICT budget allocation from 2017 to 2018 by segment (including hardware, software, managed IT services, and network & communications), by vendors, and ICT functions.
- The report offers detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, business intelligence, mobility management, and cloud computing), and factors influencing enterprises’ decisions in selecting ICT providers.
- The report also provides future outlook of enterprise technology investment priorities.
- With number of value added charts and tables presenting the survey findings, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The comprehensive survey findings on the enterprise ICT budget trends that the report provides, will help ICT product vendors, service providers and specialist outsourcers among other technology vendors in their product and promotional strategies and succeed in the challenging ICT market.