The Colombian hot drinks sector is led by the hot coffee category and is also expected to register the fastest CAGR during 2017-2022 in value terms. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of hot drinks products in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector whereas rigid metal is expected to grow the fastest during 2017-2022. ’Industria Colombiana de Cafe S.A.’, ’Grupo Nutresa SA’ and ’Nestle SA’are the leading players in the Colombian hot drinks sector.
Our Country Profile report on the Hot Drinks sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for hot coffee, hot tea, and other hot drinks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, on-trade, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, glass, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: carton, bag/sachet, tub, bottle, jar and stand up pouch.
- The per capita consumption of hot drinks was lower in Colombia compared to both global and regional levels in 2017
- Hot coffee was the largest in value terms in the Colombian hot drinks sector
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Colombian hot drinks sector
- Cafe Sello Rojo was the leading brand in the Colombian hot drinks sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian hot drinks sector, followed by glass and paper & board.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.