"Tobacco Company Profile - Gudang Garam", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends for Gudang Garam.
Gudang Garam is one of the largest kretek (clove cigarette) manufacturers in Indonesia, currently ranking second. It does not compete in the white cigarette sector, but holds 23.1% share of the overall cigarette market in Indonesia, which is dominated by kreteks and is one of the largest cigarette markets in the world.Gudang Garam’s former chairman, Rachman Halim, who had led the company since 1985, died in July 2008, giving rise to speculation that the company may be sold. However, it has remained under the majority-control of PT Suryaduta Investama, a family-controlled investment vehicle, with no indication that it will be sold off.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- The company used to have a manufacturing facility in Malaysia, but is now wholly based in Indonesia.
- The company’s overall sales volume stood at 77.1 billion pieces in 2016, equivalent to a 1.4% share of the global market for cigarettes.
- Gudang Garam is also one of Indonesia’s leading exporters of kreteks. Export volumes rose to a peak of 7.4 billion pieces in 2008, but subsequently fell back, to 4.1 billion pieces, in 2016.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country’s market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.