The 2018-2019 annual edition of this report provides a comprehensive SFAS Framework Analysis and overall SFAS score on each of the Global Top 7 Construction Equipment Manufacturers based on an analysis of each OEM’s strategic positioning in the existing market dynamics and its degree of responsiveness to its internal & external environment respectively. The objective of the analysis is to assess as to how favorably is each company positioned and how responsive it is to the nature & pace of changes taking place within its internal and external environment respectively. The framework generates an insightful snapshot of the prevailing, holistic strategic equation for each company by identifying, weighing, prioritizing & ranking significant strategic factors present in the internal & external environment through an Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) matrix & External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) matrix respectively. These strategic factors are then ranked based on the strategic significance & potential degree of impact along-with each respective company’s corresponding degree of responsiveness to these factors. The final Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) matrix amalgamates the IFAS & EFAS matrices into a single matrix followed by a reevaluation & second level ranking & responsiveness rating which leads to the generation of an overall score, thus, providing a holistic, overarching view on each industry player.
The numeric SFAS scores and the analysis produced by the framework, thus, are highly useful for competitive & comparative analysis from a current as well as emerging perspective with the framework assessing the strategic positioning & the degree of responsiveness of each company towards the present as well as emerging market dynamics, thereby, analyzing the ability to be able to create & capitalize on potential growth opportunities effectively by harnessing & navigating the changing market & technology landscape effectively while leveraging structural & core strengths and negating threats & overcoming challenges simultaneously.
SFAS, as a framework, thus, scores significantly over the traditional SWOT analysis framework, in terms, of its ability to quantify a range of strategic factors based on the nature & potential degree of effect of each strategic factor being analyzed, thereby, making it much more effective for competitive assessment as well as analysis with the creation of a quantitative strategic snapshot on each market player.
The Global Construction Equipment market has made an effective comeback; after a significant downturn spanning multiple years; with demand levels for 2017 & H1 2018 witnessing a strong growth globally with resurgence seen across most key markets with an uptick in construction activity, world economy gaining traction, return of Chinese spending on infrastructure development projects after an extended hiatus and uptick in the energy sector activity post recovery in global crude oil prices to their regular levels with energy commodity prices projected to increase by 20% year on year in 2018. Base metal prices, too, are projected to register an increase in 2018 which is likely to provide a boost to mining activity. However, macroeconomic environmental uncertainties & the onset of the trade war amongst the world’s two largest economies pose most significant downside risks to the World economic growth. Against this backdrop, this SFAS Framework Analysis will thus be crucial to understand & assess as to how are the OEMs strategically positioned in a rapidly changing and evolving industry dynamics and market environment and how adaptive, responsive & prepared are they to be able to ride the waves of change & disruption blowing through the market.
Relevance & Usefulness of the Report:
The report will be useful for:
- Competitive Assessment, Comparative Analysis & Strategic Planning
- Overall Strategic Equation & Quantified, Numeric SFAS score for each Company based on analysis of Strategic Positioning, Market Dynamics & Responsiveness.
- Holistic, Comparative Analysis on & Ranking of the industry OEMs based on SFAS Scores.
- Analysis of degree of Congruence between Emerging Market Landscape & Strategy focus across OEMs
- Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- Analysis & Assessment of Emerging Market, Technology Trends & Developments
- Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
- Analysis of Market Evolution with Medium Term Demand Growth Projections & Outlook
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report will be essential & a key resource for those associated with and having strategic interest in the Global Construction Equipment Market. The report will be especially useful for
- Key Decision-Makers
- Program & Procurement Managers
- Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies
- Industry OEMs & Technology/Other Solutions Providers
- Suppliers, Vendors, Sales & Distribution Channels and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain
- Construction Contractors, Equipment Fleet Owners and Equipment Rental Companies
- Existing & potential Investors
- Industry & Company Analysts
- M&A Advisory Firms
- Strategy & Management Consulting Firms
- PE Firms, Venture Capitalists and Financing & Leasing Companies
- Researchers and all those associated with the industry in general