The global satellite M2M and IoT network market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period 2018-2023, due to the rising demand of fast and flexible wireless communication across various industries such as transportation and logistics, natural resources, heavy industries, aviation, and government and military. The growing need for secure and high-speed wireless communication and the increasing demand for higher flexibility at low cost are some of the key drivers for the growth of the global satellite M2M and IoT network market.
With the advent of computing, sensing, and communication as a part of fourth technical revolution, usage of advanced technologies has increased drastically to reduce manual interventions. This led to advent of Machine to Machine, abbreviated as M2M and Internet of Things abbreviated as IoT. These two technologies assured the connected ecosystem working based on next generation sensors, cloud platform, telematics, and various other technologies. The two technologies catered the urgency of acquiring information from globally scattered resources and to monitor and control them simultaneously. M2M communication typically provide point-to-point information and allows to monitor and control the assets remotely either through terrestrial or aerial network. Wherein, IoT is a step ahead technology and allows to gather massive amount of data from abundant sensors and process it into useful information. IoT utilizes Internet Protocol (IP) based network to interface to middleware and computing platforms to provide predictive maintenance and avoid malfunctioning.
According this new analysis, the global satellite M2M and IoT network market generated $617.3 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 32.58% during 2018-2023. North America dominated the global satellite M2M and IoT network market in 2017 with the U.S. acquiring the most significant market share, globally. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Following points provide a detailed description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- This report identifies the global satellite M2M and IoT network market under different segments such as end-user, frequency band, and region.
- It examines the prime demand-side factors, which affect the growth of the market, and the current and future trends, market drivers, restraints, and challenges prevalent in the global satellite M2M and IoT network market.
- The report also highlights the value chain of the industry.
- Detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the ?key market developments and strategies followed by the top players in the market. Additionally, the market share of prominent companies has been included in the existing study which analyzes the competitive strength of the players in the global satellite M2M and IoT network market.
- The market for different end user such as logistics and transportation, natural resources, heavy industries, government and military, aviation, and others (banking and retail, connected cars, smart cities, consumer IoT), has been estimated and analyzed.
- Different frequency bands of the satellite M2M and IoT network, such L-band, Ku-and Ka-band, S-band, and others (X-band and C-band), have been estimated and analyzed in the report.
- The global satellite M2M and IoT network market has been analyzed in the report for the major regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World.
- A detailed subscription-based pricing model has been included in the report. Furthermore, the report also focuses on providing information on the key participants and future opportunities in the global satellite M2M and IoT network market.
- The study provides detailed analysis of the 15 key players in the global satellite M2M and IoT network market including: Airbus S.A.S., The Boeing Company, OHB SE, Thales Group, Eutelsat S.A., Globalstar, Inc., ORBCOMM Inc., Inmarsat plc., Intelsat, Iridium Communications Inc., GomSpace A/S, Vodafone Limited., Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX), Helios Wire Corporation in the Company Profiles section. This section covers business financials, company snapshots, key products and services, major developments, future programs (if any), and the individual SWOT analysis.