"Super League In-Depth Analysis: HSBC Private Bank 2018", report is a comprehensive analysis of HSBC’s private banking operations. It offers insight into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on AUM. Customer targeting and service proposition are also covered, as well as product innovation and marketing activities.
Headquartered in London, HSBC Holdings is a global universal bank. HSBC Private Bank is a brand used by its Global Private Banking division, catering to individuals with more than $5m (or local currency equivalent) in assets. Some wealth management operations are also run within HSBC’s Retail Banking and Wealth Management business.
The profile offers -
- Insight into HSBC Private Bank’s growth strategy.
- Overview of the firm’s organizational structure.
- Clear presentation of the company’s geographical coverage and expansion strategy, including M&A activity.
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance, including comparison with other global wealth managers.
- Examination of key target client groups.
- Analysis of HSBC Private Bank’s product and service proposition and how it is unique compared to those of its competitors.
- Review of HSBC Private Bank’s marketing and social media activities.
- HSBC Private Bank aims to be the private bank of choice for wealthy clients already banking with other HSBC divisions, particularly entrepreneurs and family business owners.
- HSBC is withdrawing from non-core markets, focusing on markets with scale and growth prospects. It created a new Europe, the Middle East, and Africa structure in 2018 by combining operations in Switzerland and the UK.
- The long-running repositioning and restructuring of the private banking business is nearing completion.
- HSBC Private Bank’s assets under management (AUM) increased in 2017 after declining for four consecutive years. Net inflows were offset by outflows caused by repositioning, leading to nil net new money.
Reasons To Buy
- Examine the financial performance, key ratios, and AUM growth for HSBC and its Global Private Banking division, and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Understand HSBC Private Bank’s current strategic objectives and their impact on financial performance.
- Discover HSBC Private Bank’s key products and its client targeting strategies, and examine whether these have been successful.
- Learn more about HSBC Private Bank’s marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.