According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Protective Packaging Market is accounted for $22.42 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $41.82 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period. Increasing preference for convenient packaging, continuous technological advancement and growing demand from the food & beverage sector are some of the key factors influencing the market growth. However, increasing cost of the raw materials and strict regulation by the government over the use of recyclable materials is hampering the market.
Protective packaging offers solutions, which protects industrial products, machineries, and equipment from damage during storage and shipping. Protective packing generally depends on the type of that is product packaged and surrounding environmental conditions. Protective packaging presents protection in the form of blocking and bracing, flexible cushioning, protective containment, void fill, wrapping and surface protection.
Based on Product, flexible packing has a considerable growth in the market owing to increasing food requirement on account of growing population. Flexible packaging provides the best and most reasonable packaging option to the food industry, by adding packaging value and marketability to the food products. It ensures food protection and extends the shelf life of the product by use of various materials, such as plastics, metals, and providing an adequate protection from heat and other elements.
By geography, Asia pacific is expected to have a significant growth in the market during the forecast period owing to increasing consumer spending, continuous technological advancements, and improvements in manufacturing activities in this region.
Some of the key players in the Protective Packaging market include 3M Corporation, Automated Packaging Systems, Inc, Signode Protective Packaging Solutions, Riverside Paper Co, MJS Packaging Company, Mold-Rite Plastics, Storopack Hans Reichenecker Gmbh, The Dow Chemical Company, DS Smith PLC, Westrock Company, Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Sealed Air Corporation, Pregis LLC, Pro-Pac Packaging Limited, Sonoco Corporation, Huhtamaki OYJ, Cartonajes Vir SA and Placon Corporation.
- Void Fill
- Blocking & Bracing
- Paper & Paperboard
- Foam Plastics
- Other Materials
End Users covered:
- Household Appliances
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Goods
- Food & Beverage
- Health Care
- Other End Users
- North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- ·New Zealand
- ·South Korea
- ·Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- ·Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- ·Saudi Arabia
- ·South Africa
- ·Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements