Nutritional supplement market in the U.S.A
Nutrition supplements are substances that provide adequate amounts of essential nutrients required for the better functioning of human bodies. It contains vitamins, proteins, herbs, meal supplements, sports nutrition and other related products that are used to improve the nutritional content of a diet. They are added to the diet to boost overall health and energy, provide support to the immune system and reduce the risk of illness. The U.S.A nutritional supplement market is expected to reach USD 53.2 Bn growing at a CAGR of 8.43% by 2023. It is the largest nutritional supplement consumer in the North American region.
The U.S.A. nutritional supplement market is classified by type of ingredients and by type of end users. By type of ingredients, it is further sub-classified into vitamins, proteins, amino acid, enzymes and botanicals supplements .By type of end users, it is further classified into infants and adults. Vitamin supplements grab the highest market revenue among nutritional ingredients due to increasing self-medication, expansion of distribution networks and entry of new brands.
Key growth factors
The rising awareness towards nutritional supplements among working professionals, expenditure on fitness and well-being and increase in cardiovascular diseases due to fluctuating diet patterns are the key growth factors. High adoption rates of botanical supplements among individuals in the U.S.A. due to medicinal benefits is expected to expand the market growth over the forecast period.
Threats and key players
Scientific and regulatory challenges to the quality, safety and efficacy of nutritional supplements are considered to be a major challenge.
The key players operating in the nutritional supplement market are Abbott Nutritionals, Nestle Nutritionals, Amway Corporation, Herbalife Nutrition, Pfizer Inc. and Royal DSM.
What is covered in the report?
1. Overview of the nutritional supplement market in the U.S.A.
2. Market drivers and challenges in the nutritional supplement market in the U.S.A.
3. Market trends in the nutritional supplement market in the U.S.A.
4. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for segments based on type of ingredients (vitamins, proteins, amino acids, enzymes and botanical supplements).
5. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for segments based on type of end users (infants and adults).
6. Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of the major companies operating in the market.
- ·Understand the demand for nutritional supplement market in the U.S.A. to determine the viability of the market.
- ·Identify the developed and emerging markets where nutritional supplement market in the U.S.A. is sold.
- ·Identify the challenge areas and address them.
- ·Develop strategies based on the drivers, trends and highlights for each of the segments.
- ·Evaluate the value chain to determine the workflow and to get an idea of the current position where you are placed.
- ·Recognize the key competitors of this market and respond accordingly.
- ·Knowledge of the initiatives and growth strategies taken up by the major companies and decide on the direction for further growth.
- ·Define the competitive positioning by comparing the products and services with the key players in the market.