Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) - Melanocortin 4 receptor (MC4R) is a G protein-coupled receptor involved in the hypothalamic leptin-melanocortin signaling pathway. MC4R is encoded by the MC4R gene. Activation of the MC4R plays a key role in the maintenance of energy homeostasis and is associated with suppression of food intake.
Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) pipeline Target constitutes close to 11 molecules. Out of which approximately 9 molecules are developed by companies and remaining by the universities/institutes. The molecules developed by companies in Pre-Registration, Phase III, Phase II, Phase I and Preclinical stages are 1, 1, 1, 1 and 5 respectively. Similarly, the universities portfolio in Discovery stages comprises 2 molecules, respectively.
Report covers products from therapy areas Metabolic Disorders, Central Nervous System, Genetic Disorders, Musculoskeletal Disorders, Infectious Disease and Women’s Health which include indications Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, Alphavirus Infections, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Cachexia, Female Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder, Gouty Arthritis (Gout), Infantile Spasm (West Syndrome), Lipodystrophy (Lipoatrophy), Metabolic Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis and Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS).
The latest report Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) - Pipeline Review, H2 2018, outlays comprehensive information on the Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) targeted therapeutics, complete with analysis by indications, stage of development, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. It also reviews key players involved in Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) targeted therapeutics development with respective active and dormant or discontinued projects.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, company/university websites, clinical trial registries, conferences, SEC filings, investor presentations and featured press releases from company/university sites and industry-specific third party sources.
Note: Certain content / sections in the pipeline guide may be removed or altered based on the availability and relevance of data.
- The report provides a snapshot of the global therapeutic landscape for Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R)
- The report reviews Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) targeted therapeutics under development by companies and universities/research institutes based on information derived from company and industry-specific sources
- The report covers pipeline products based on various stages of development ranging from pre-registration till discovery and undisclosed stages
- The report features descriptive drug profiles for the pipeline products which includes, product description, descriptive MoA, R&D brief, licensing and collaboration details & other developmental activities
- The report reviews key players involved in Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) targeted therapeutics and enlists all their major and minor projects
- The report assesses Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) targeted therapeutics based on mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type
- The report summarizes all the dormant and discontinued pipeline projects
- The report reviews latest news and deals related to Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) targeted therapeutics
Reasons To Buy
- Gain strategically significant competitor information, analysis, and insights to formulate effective R&D strategies
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage
- Identify and understand the targeted therapy areas and indications for Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R)
- Identify the use of drugs for target identification and drug repurposing
- Identify potential new clients or partners in the target demographic
- Develop strategic initiatives by understanding the focus areas of leading companies
- Plan mergers and acquisitions effectively by identifying key players and it’s most promising pipeline therapeutics
- Devise corrective measures for pipeline projects by understanding Melanocortin Receptor 4 (MC4R) development landscape
- Develop and design in-licensing and out-licensing strategies by identifying prospective partners with the most attractive projects to enhance and expand business potential and scope