The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Submarines are one of the most powerful underwater systems that have been used by the naval force in order to carry out distinct stealth operations. These vessels can be used against the forces of the other nations to perform sensitive missions quietly that possess numerous undersea threats. Therefore, it becomes necessary for the countries to protect their nations from such underwater threats. This gives rise to the development of systems that can detect and track enemy submarines through airborne platforms. Airborne detection systems for submarines have better advantages over other platform detection systems. Detecting submarine through airborne platforms such as helicopters and fixed-wings is highly efficient as it enables wider coverage area for submarine detection. Moreover, it also offers better safety while performing such operations.
This high scale growth of airborne detection systems for submarines industry is subsequently influencing the market, wherein new technologies of airborne detection systems for submarines are being developed. The increasing defense budget of several countries across the globe and underwater threats due to growing wars and conflicts among the neighboring nations are the key drivers for its increased adoption by the naval forces. Globally, the defense spending of all the countries is increasing annually which is a part of defense modernization program adopted for strengthening the nation’s military forces.
Moreover, growing submarine fleet as well as the development of advanced airborne detection systems is providing the opportunity for the growth of the global airborne detection systems for submarines market. There are mainly four types of airborne detection systems for submarines that include sonobuoys, dipping sonars, radars and magnetic anomaly detection systems. In addition to this, dipping sonars is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2017-2026 due to the higher chances of submarine detection as compared with other detection systems. By analysis, global airborne detection systems for submarines market generated a revenue of $560.0 million in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2016-2026. North America generated most of the revenue in airborne detection systems for submarines market in 2016 with the U.S. acquiring most of the market share, globally. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate including India, growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2017-2026.
Following points provide a concrete description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- This report identifies the global airborne detection systems for submarines market under different segments such as types and regions
- It examines prime supply side factors affecting the growth of the market along with the current and future trends, market drivers, restraints and challenges prevalent in the global airborne detection systems for submarines market
- The report also highlights the value chain of the industry with a major focus on the technology roadmap
- A detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the ?key market developments & strategies followed by the key players in the market. Additionally, market share analysis model has been included in the existing study which analyzes the share of the market players in the global airborne detection systems for submarines market
- Different caliber types of the global airborne detection systems for submarines market, such as sonobuoys, dipping sonars, radars and magnetic anomaly detection systems, has been estimated and analyzed in the report
- The global airborne detection systems for submarines has been analyzed in the report for major regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world
- A detailed Porter’s Five Forces analysis has been included in the report. Furthermore, the report also focuses on providing information on the key participants and future opportunities in the airborne detection systems for submarines market
- The study provides detailed analysis of the 10 key players in the airborne detection systems for submarines market including Ultra Electronics, Raytheon Inc., Thales Group, General Dynamics, L3 Ocean Systems, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Atlas Elektronik Gmbh, Kongsberg Gruppen, Saab and Northrop Grumman, among others, in the Company Profiles section. This section covers business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, future programs (if any), and finally, the individual SWOT analysis.