The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) market has observed a high growth rate in the recent past. Their declining prices, compact size and ease of operability have led to their widespread adoption across commercial and non-commercial end-users. Furthermore, customer focused innovation in UAV technology and rise in the demand of UAVs for photography, hobbyist, agriculture and surveillance applications are driving the growth in the UAV market. The demand of UAVs has increased significantly in the recent years and the trend is anticipated to continue in the next few years, owing to their cost saving advantage across commercial applications. The rise in their demand across the developing nations and new emerging applications are expected to open several new opportunities for the UAV market in the years to come.
The major class of UAV include small UAVs and large UAVs. Small UAVs include, rotary and fixed wing class UAVs, while large UAVs include strategic, tactical and special purpose UAVs. The major components used in UAV are camera, sensors, high speed data communication system, inertial navigation system and Micro-Electro Mechanical System Attitude and Heading Reference System (MEMS AHRS), autopilots, electronic warfare system, and sense and avoid system among others. Some of the sensors used in UAVs are (Electro-Optical/Infrared) EO/IR sensor, LiDAR, laser spectroscopy, Geo Positioning System (GPS), Meteorological sensors, and (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear) CBRN. These UAVs are used across commercial and non-commercial end-users. Commercial end-users include agriculture, hobbyist, transport, infrastructure, media & entertainment, oil & gas, insurance, telecommunication, and mining. Non-commercial end users include military and homeland security.
The following points provide a concrete description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- This report identifies the global UAV market in different segments such as class, component, end-user, and geography
- The study includes the market analysis and forecast of the global UAV market from 2016 to 2021 in terms of value and volume. The report also highlights the year-on-year growth of the market
- The study talks about the prime supply side factors affecting the growth of the market along with the current and future trends in the UAV market
- The study also presents a detailed examination of the UAV market along the lines of market drivers, restraints, growth opportunities, and challenges
- The study provides detailed analysis of industry attractiveness through Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The report also highlights the value chain of the overall Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) industry
- A detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the key market developments & strategies followed by the key players in the market. Additionally, market share of the players providing different class of UAVs has been included which analyzes their position in the market.
- The UAV market analysis and forecast with respect to its various class such as small UAVs and large UAVs. Small UAVs have been classified into fixed wing and rotary. The large UAVs have been classified into strategic, tactical and special purpose UAVs
- The report also provides a detailed study of the components used in UAVs. Major components analyzed in the study include camera, sensors, high speed data communication system, inertial navigation system and Micro-Electro Mechanical System Attitude and Heading Reference System (MEMS AHRS), autopilots, electronic warfare system, and sense and avoid system among others
- In this report, various end-users for the uses of UAV have also been studied. The end-users include commercial and non-commercial.
- The commercial sector is further classified into agriculture, hobbyist, transport, infrastructure, media & entertainment, oil & gas, insurance, telecommunication, and mining
- The non-commercial sector is further sub-segmented into military and homeland security
- The report also highlights different applications of UAVs under military and homeland security end-user. Military end-user have been classified into ISR and combat targeting. Further, homeland security end-user has been classified into border security & surveillance, police investigation, traffic monitoring, search & rescue, and disaster management, among others
- The UAV market has been analyzed for all the geographies including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World with further analysis with respect to several major countries
- The key market players are analyzed and profiled in detail in the Company Profiles section of the report. This section covers the business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, and finally, the individual SWOT analysis.