The report on global obesity surgery devices market provides qualitative and quantitative analysis for the period of 2016 to 2024. The report predicts the global obesity surgery devices market to grow with a CAGR of 5.5% over the forecast period of 2018-2024. The study on obesity surgery devices market covers the analysis of the leading geographies such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW for the period of 2016 to 2024.
There are many factors which are indicating a positive outlook of market for medium and long term. Factors such as high incidences of obesity, changing food and working habit, and high consumption of fast food are major factor for the growth of obesity surgery devices market. Additionally, high healthcare expenditure, and increased awareness about obesity related risks among patients are promoting the growth of this market.
On the basis of region, the obesity surgery devices market is fragmented into North America, Europe, Asia, and the Rest of the World (RoW). North America is the largest market for the obesity surgery device market, due to increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures for reducing obesity, high expenditure on healthcare and increasing prevalence of obesity in the region. The large market share of this segment can be attributed to the rapidly growing obese population and rise in the number of bariatric surgeries.
Asia Pacific region is fastest growing market among the regions during the forecast. The countries like China and India is most promising market, due to large population and rising incidence of obesity in Asian countries due to changing life style, changing consumption habits. Additionally, increasing demand for standardized world class medical facilities, increasing healthcare spending ability among people and government initiatives to provide better health facilities their nationals, are some major factors driving the high growth of this market in these regional segments.
Ethicon launched bariatric Surgery Appin November,2017
J&J’s device company Ethicon partnered with J&J Health & Wellness Solutions, and launched a new digital platform and smartphone app. This app would offer resources and decision-making tools for patients considering weight loss surgery.
FDA approves AspireAssist obesity device in June,2016
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a new obesity treatment device that uses a surgically-placed tube to drain a portion of the stomach contents after every meal. It is intended to assist in weight loss in patients aged 22 and older who are obese, with a body mass index of 35 to 55, and who have failed to achieve and maintain weight loss through non-surgical weight-loss therapy.
The report on obesity surgery devices market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global obesity surgery devices market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter’s five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global obesity surgery devices market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, IGR- Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
A) Primary Research
Our primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents. The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with Infinium Global Research
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Our primary research respondents typically include
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/ country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
B) Secondary Research
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. At Infinium Global Research, each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
The secondary sources of the data typically include
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global obesity surgery devices market is segmented on the basis of type and procedure.
Global Obesity Surgery Devices Market by Type
• Minimally Invasive Surgical Devices
• Non-Invasive Surgical Devices
Global Obesity Surgery Devices Market by Procedure
• Sleeve Gastrectomy
• Gastric Bypass
• Revision Bariatric Surgery
• Non-Invasive Bariatric Surgery
• Adjustable Gastric Banding
• Mini-Gastric Bypass
• Biliopancreatic Diversion With Duodenal Switch
• Ethicon (Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson)
• Intuitive Surgical
• Apollo Endosurgery
• Reshape Lifesciences
• Olympus Corporation of the Americas
• Aspire Bariatrics
• Mediflex Surgical Products
• Cousin Biotech
How this report delivers?
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of obesity surgery devices market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in obesity surgery devices market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global obesity surgery devices market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. IGR- Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.