The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The hollow fiber filtration market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.5%.”
The hollow fiber filtration market is projected to reach USD 517.4 million by 2023 from USD 274.7 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 13.5% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2023. The rising preference for continuous manufacturing in the biopharmaceutical industry and the increasing demand for biopharmaceuticals are the major factors that are driving the growth of this market. However, the presence of stringent government regulations for ensuring drug safety is expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
“The PS and PES product segment is expected to account for the largest share in 2018.”
On the basis of material, the hollow fiber filtration market is segmented into polymeric and ceramic materials. Based on type, the polymeric hollow fiber filtration market is further segmented into PS and PES, PVDF, and others. In 2018, the PS and PES segment is expected to account for the largest share of the polymeric hollow fiber filtration market. The large share of this segment is attributed to the benefits of PS and PES membranes, such as high resistance to pressure and temperature. These membranes are also more durable and can endure aggressive cleaning regimes.
“The continuous cell perfusion segment is expected to account for the largest share in 2018.”
On the basis of application, the hollow fiber filtration market is segmented into continuous cell perfusion, harvest and clarification, and concentration and diafiltration. In 2018, continuous cell perfusion is expected to be the largest application segment in the hollow fiber filtration market. Also, this application segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Due to the advantages of hollow fibers, such as achieving efficient cell separation (with low shear) and allowing robust large-scale manufacturing, they are considered as the most suitable form of membrane filters for TFF and ATF perfusion processes.
“North America is expected to account for the largest share in 2018.”
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the hollow fiber filtration market in 2018, followed by Europe, the Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World region. The large share of North America can be attributed to the technological advancements and product innovations (in terms of quality and application development) in this region. Players operating in the North American hollow fiber filtration market are focusing on developing new products and technologies to cater to the growing need for high-end filtration in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Break-up profile of primaries:
- By Company Type - Tier 1: 40%, Tier 2: 30%, and Tier 3: 30%
- By Designation - C-level: 27%, D-level: 18%, and Others: 55%
- By Region - North America: 50%, Europe: 20%, Asia: 20%, and RoW: 10%
The key players operating in the hollow fiber filtration market are Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Repligen Corporation (US), GE Healthcare (US), Danaher Corporation (US), and Koch Membrane Systems (US).
The hollow fiber filtration market is segmented by technique, material, application, end user, and region. The study tracks and analyzes competitive developments such as product launches, expansions, agreements, and acquisitions and profiles the key players and their core competencies in the hollow fiber filtration market.
Reasons To buy this report:
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on portfolios offered by the top players in the global hollow fiber filtration market. The report analyzes the market by technique, material, application, end user, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and product launches in the hollow fiber filtration market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the markets for hollow fiber filtration products across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the global hollow fiber filtration market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the strategies and products of key market players