The Colombian haircare sector is led by the shampoo category in both value and volume terms. The hair colorants category is expected to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2017-2022. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of haircare in the country. Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the sector. Sedal, Head & Shoulders and Pant?ne are the leading brands in the country.
Our Country Profile report on the Haircare sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for conditioner, hair colorants, hair loss treatments, perms & relaxers, salon hair care, shampoo, and styling agents with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, department stores, convenience stores, drug stores & pharmacies, health & beauty stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ’dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, parapharmacies/drugstores , e-retailers, chemists/pharmacies, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for pack materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass and others; pack type data for: Bottle, tube, aerosol, tub, bag/sachet, and jar.
- The per capita consumption of haircare was lower in Colombia compared to both global and regional levels in 2017
- The Hair colorants category is expected to gain the maximum share, in value terms, during 2017-2022
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Colombian haircare sector
- ’Sedal’ is the leading brand in the Colombian haircare sector
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian haircare sector
- Kids & babies account for the leading share in the consumption of haircare products in Colombia.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.