“The global cell viability assays market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4%.”
The cell viability assays market is expected to reach USD 4.16 billion by 2023 from an estimated USD 2.78 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 8.4%. The rising incidence and prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, growing availability of funds for research and rising demand for cell-based assays in research, and increasing focus on the development of cell-based therapeutics are the key drivers for market growth. However, the high cost of instruments is expected to restrain the growth of this market to a certain extent during the forecast period.
“The human cells segment to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
On the basis of cell type, the cell viability assays market is segmented into human cells, animal cells, and microbial cells. The human cells segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Growth in this segment is mainly due to the growing investments by government bodies and private sector organizations in research activities that are focused on developing new treatments for various human diseases.
“The stem cell research applications segment to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
On the basis of application, the cell viability assays market is segmented into drug discovery & development, basic research, stem cell research, clinical & diagnostic applications, and other applications. The stem cell research applications segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR owing to the increasing number of stem cell research activities and rising investments in stem cell research.
“APAC is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global cell viability assays market in 2018. On the other hand, the APAC region is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increasing prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases in this region, large patient population, increasing healthcare spending, and growing interest of key players in APAC countries.
The breakdown of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1–45%, Tier 2–40%, and Tier 3–15%
- By Designation: C-level–43%, Director Level–30%, and Others–27%
- By Region: North America–32%, Europe–27%, Asia Pacific–19%, and RoW–22%
The prominent players in the global cell viability assays market are Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), Bio-Rad Laboratories (US), Merck (Germany), GE Healthcare (US), BioTek Instruments (US), PerkinElmer (US), Promega Corporation (US), Biotium (US), Abcam plc (UK), Canvax (Spain), Abnova (Taiwan), G-Biosciences (US), Creative Bioarray (US), Danaher Corporation (US), and Becton, Dickinson and Company (US).
The report analyzes the various cell viability products and their adoption pattern. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the global cell viability assays market for different segments such as products, cell types, applications, end users, and regions. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product offerings, and recent developments.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which, in turn, would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening the market.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the global cell viability assays market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and product launches in the global cell viability assays market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging regions by product, cell type, application, end user, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, and recent developments in the global cell viability assays market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, and products of leading players in the global cell viability assays market