The study scope includes clinical therapies using gene editing, gene therapy, genetically modified cell therapy (chimeric antigen receptor T-cells, or CAR T-cells) or RNA therapy platforms. Delivery technologies covered include AAV, adenovirus, lentivirus, retrovirus, other viral and nonviral. Disease areas covered include cardiology, oncology, ophthalmology, hematology, musculoskeletal, neurology, rare diseases and others. Therapies that are already commercialized or are forecast to be commercialized with the next five years are included.
We analyze key genetic modification therapy technologies and products to determine present and future market status and forecasted growth from 2018 through 2023. We also discuss strategic alliances, industry structures, competitive dynamics, patents and market driving forces.
BCC Research examines the genetic modification therapies industry by market segment, including the following segments: gene editing, gene therapy, CAR T-cell therapy, RNA therapy and lentiviral production. The geographic market for genetic modification therapy products by platform technology is analyzed. Regions include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world.
The role of key strategic alliances and acquisitions from Jan. 2016 through June 2018 is discussed.
The challenges involved with pricing for genetic modification therapies that can offer one-time cures for diseases is discussed. Emerging markets for clinical gene editing are analyzed. More than 145 companies in the genetic modification therapies industry are profiled.
- 30 data tables and 56 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for genetic modification therapies
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information on the genetic variation analysis and genetic modification technologies
- Evaluation of key growth driving forces, acquisitions and strategic alliances related to the market
- Detailed description of the criteria for selecting gene modification therapy applications
- Review of patents for gene editing, gene therapy, RNA therapy and gene modification therapies
- Profiles of the key companies in the market, including 4d Molecular Therapeutics LLC, Abeona Therapeutics LLC, Acer Therapeutics Inc., Allergan Plc and American Gene Technologies International Inc.