The Colombian spirits sector is led by the specialty spirits category in both value and volume terms. The vodka category is expected to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2017-2022. On-trade transactions accounted for largest share in the distribution of spirits in the country. Glass is the only pack material used in the sector. Antioqueno Aguardiente, Aguardiente Nectar and Aguardiente Cristal are the leading brands in the country.
Our Country Profile report on the Spirits sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for brandy, gin & genever, liqueurs, rum, specialty spirits, tequila & mezcal, vodka, and whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in volume terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, department stores, convenience stores, drugstores & pharmacies, food & drinks specialists, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ’dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, e-retailers, on-trade, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and can.
- The per capita consumption of spirits was higher in Colombia compared to regional level in 2017
- The vodka category is expected to gain maximum market share in volume terms during 2017-2022
- Antioqueno Aguardiente is the leading brand in the Colombian spirits sector
- Glass is the only pack material used in the Colombian spirits sector
- Consumption of spirits is higher among men compared to women in Colombia.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.