Growing population, rising urbanization rate, and improving economy will remain the primary macroeconomic factors driving the Savory Snacks sector globally. Global Savory Snacks sector was valued at US$105.7 billion in 2017. Of which Americas represent the largest market, while Asia-Pacific is forecast to record the fastest value growth during 2017-2022.
The share of Savory Snacks as a percentage of the global food industry is expected to increase during 2012-2021. All the regions, will witness a gain in share during the same period, which can be attributed to fragmented meal times due to rising busy lifestyles across the regions which will result in an increase in snacking occasions. Processed Snacks category was leading the market with a value share of over 30%+ in 2017.
On the same time, Savory Snacks with health & wellness attributes accounted for 15.1% of the overall global sector sales in 2017. Demand for Savory Snacks with health and wellness attributes will be driven bythe popularity of low-fat snacking options, which manufacturers are offering to appeal to health-conscious consumers. Additionally, with increased focus on healthy ingredients such as hemp seed and flaxseed, which are a natural source of amino acids and omega-3, there is robust demand from time-pressed consumers who seek convenient but healthy snacking options during short-breaks or while on the move.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Savory Snacks Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global savory snacks sector. It includes an analysis on global savory snacks sector with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions. The report also identifies high potential countries by region that have been identified by creating a risk-reward analysis with multiple parameters.
Companies Mentioned: Want Want China, PepsiCo, Orion Confectionery Co Ltd., Fujian Jinjiang Fuyuan Foodstuff Co., Golden Orchard Farmer (Beijing) Food Co. Ltd., Haldirams, Balaji Foods, ITC Limited, Bikaji Foods International Ltd., Pioneer Foods, L&C Messaris Brothers, The Kellogg Company, Snyder`s-Lance Inc., Jack Link`s Nz Ltd., Old Dutch Foods Inc., ConAgra Brands Inc., General Mills Inc., Companhia Brasileira De Distribui??o, Cascaju Agroindustrial Sa, Intersnack Group GmbH & Co. KG, Shearer’s Foods Inc., Mar-Ko Fleischwaren GmbH & Co. KG, Lorenz Bahlsen Snack-World Gmbh& Co Kg, Lajkonik Snacks Gmbh Sp. K., KdvGruppOoo.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global savory snacks sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- Change in consumption: Analyses a shift in the consumption of savory snacks compared to other major sectors such as bakery & cereals, confectionery, dairy & soy food, and ice cream during 2012-2021 at global and regional level.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high-potential countries by region, based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high-potential countries across the regions covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall savory snacks sector at global and regional level during 2012-2022. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of savory snacks products across the five regions in 2017. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering savory snacks products with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, as well as analyzing the product profile, country-level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global savory snacks sector in 2017. It covers four distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, and others, which includes cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ’dollar stores’, department stores, e-retailers, and general retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various package materials, pack types, closures, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of savory snacks products.
Reasons To Buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global savory snacks sector across the five regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global savory snacks sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the region, resulting in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the savory snacks sector at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles.