According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Coal Market is accounted for $11.93 million in 2017 and is expected to reach $34.65 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 12.5% from 2017 to 2026. Rising economic growth, increasing manufacturing base, and increasing demand for electricity are some of the key factors propelling the market growth. However, price instability is restricting the growth of the market.
Coal is a combustible black hard rock used as a solid fossil fuel. It is generally made up of 65-95% carbon and also contains hydrogen, sulphur, oxygen and nitrogen. It is a sedimentary rock formed from peat, by the pressure of rocks laid down later on top. Coal is primarily used as a solid fuel to produce electricity and heat through combustion.
By Application, power generation segment witnessed significant growth in the market due to rising utilization for generating electricity. Thermal coal is used in power stations to generate electricity. Based on geography, Asia Pacific is expected to have a considerable growth in the market during the forecast period. Several countries in Asia Pacific such as Korea, China, and Japan lack energy resources and are thus importing natural energy resources to meet their needs. Australia is known to be the leading exporter of coal across the globe.
Some of the key players in the Coal Industry Market are Anglo Pacific Group plc, Altona Energy Plc, BHP Billiton Ltd., Melior Resources Inc., RWE Power, SouthGobi Resources Limited, Peabody Energy, China Shenhua Energy, Blackham Resources Limited, Pacific Coal Resources Ltd., Shenhua Group, Rio Tinto, Arch Coal, Shanxi Coal, China Coal and Coal India Ltd.
- Power generation
- North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- ·New Zealand
- ·South Korea
- ·Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- ·Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- ·Saudi Arabia
- ·South Africa
- ·Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements