According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Chemical Seed Treatment Market is accounted for $3.657 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach $8.801 billion by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period. Fulfillment of regulatory related requirements, demand for food consumption, high demand in farm size, increase in the cost of seeds and use of multi-component products are the key factors driving the market growth. However, some of the key factors such as environmental concern related to the use of these chemical seeds are hindering the market growth.
Chemical seed treatment is a process of treating seeds with chemicals and non-chemical methods before plantation. In farming and horticulture it is a chemical, naturally antimicrobial or fungicidal, with which seeds are treated prior to planting. It is usual to add colour to make treated seed less attractive to birds if spilt and easier to see and clean up in the case of an accidental spillage. With less frequently, insecticides are added.
Based on application, insecticides segment is held significant growth during the forecast period due to decrease in crop yields and achieving environmental benefits through fewer ecological. By geography, North America holds the largest market share during the forecast period due to the rising farm sizes, huge investments in chemical seed market in order to prevail over the deficit in supply, and high adoption rate of advances crop science techniques.
Some of the key players profiled in the Chemical Seed Treatment include BASF SE, Bayer CropScience AG, DuPont, Sumitomo, Novozymes, Monsanto Company, Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd, Chemtura AgroSolutions, Germains Seed Technology, Incotec Group, Nufarm Limited, Plant Health Care, Precision Laboratories LLC, Syngenta International AG, Valent USA Corporation, Advanced Biological Marketing Inc, Bioworks Inc, Brettyoung Limited, Verdesian Life Sciences, Wolf Trax Inc FMC Corporation and Platform Specialty Products Corporation.
Crop Types Covered:
- Oil Seeds
- Cereals and Grains
- Other Crop Types
- North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- ·New Zealand
- ·South Korea
- ·Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- ·Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- ·Saudi Arabia
- ·South Africa
- ·Rest of Middle East & Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements