The 3D printing prototypes are achieved through various printing materials such as plastics, polymers, metals, ceramics, and others. The 3D printing materials are widely used for the development and production of advanced custom polymers and compounded products. This empowering innovation is driving the 3D printing and advanced manufacturing industry and is carrying them forward with better solutions. The 3D printing processes currently available are substantial for creating prototypes and end use production part in several types of plastics. The technological advancements in additive manufacturing (AM) along with the evolution of 3D printing materials such as plastics, ceramics, metals, and others have significantly impacted the way 3D printing is perceived and relied upon by engineers, designers, and manufacturers during the product development and production processes.
Polylactic Acid (PLA), Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK), Polyethylene Terephthalate Modified Glycol (PETG), nylon/polyamide, and Poly Carbonate (PC) are some of the 3D printing plastics widely used in the end user industries. PLA is the most widely used 3D printing plastic filament in the world. It is the recommended 3D printing plastic material to be used for most of the desktop 3D printers. PLA is considered as the easiest 3D printing material to work with at the initial stage. It is one of the eco-friendliest 3D printing materials available and requires less temperature and energy to process. PLA processing is both easier and safer to use and provides smoother and shinier appearance. PLA can achieve a superior level of print and is less prone to warping. However, when printed with PLA, it is stickier and is prone to jamming the printer nozzle. PLA can be used in the resin form for DLP/SL processes or in the filament form in the FDM process. Shenzhen eSUN industrial Co. Ltd., Polymaker, ColorFabb, 3D Systems, Ninjaflex, Airwolf3D, Matterhackers Inc., and Taulamn3D, are some of the key PLA filament manufacturers in the global 3D printing plastics market.
The global 3D printing plastics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.5% and 21.9% between 2018 and 2023 in terms of value and volume, respectively.
The report is a compilation of the different segments of the global 3D printing plastics market, including market breakdown by type, form, technology, application, and geographical areas. Herein the revenue generated from the types (PLA, ABS, PEEK, PETG, nylon/polyamide, and PC), form (filament and powder), technology (fused deposition molding, selective laser sintering process, and others), application (healthcare, automotive, consumer electronics, automotive, fashion and aesthetics, aerospace and defense, and others), and geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America) are tracked to calculate the overall market size, both in terms of value ($million) and volume (metric tons). While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the global 3D printing plastics market. It also includes the key participants involved in the industry at the relevant sections.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What was the size in terms of value ($million) and volume (metric tons) of the 3D printing plastics market in 2017, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size of different types of plastics (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size of different types of forms in the 3D printing plastics market (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size of different technologies used in the 3D printing plastics market (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size of different applications of 3D printing plastics (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What will be the market size for different regions and countries in terms of value and volume in the 3D printing plastics market and their growth rate in the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for 3D printing plastics in various end user industries during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global 3D printing plastics market?
- What is the competitive strength of key players in the global 3D printing plastics by analyzing through market share analysis?
- Who are the key players (along with their detailed analysis and profiles including their financials, company snapshots, key products and services, and SWOT analysis) in the market?
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the Porter’s Five Forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The most commonly used strategy for developing a better hold on the market has been through business expansions. Moreover, the company profile section highlights significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies, and developmental activities of recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa, and South America. Each geography details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 100 players in the global 3D printing plastics market and draws upon the insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 50 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles approximately 21 companies with their financial analysis, SWOT, and product portfolio.
The companies profiled in the report are 3D Systems Corporation, Arkema, BASF SE, EOS GmbH, EnvisionTEC, Evonik Industries AG, FormLabs Inc., HP Inc., Prodways Technologies, Proto Labs, Inc., Ricoh Company Ltd., Royal DSM, Stratasys Ltd., Voxeljet AG, XYZ Printing, Inc., Asiga, Aviv3D, Carbon3D Inc., Hunan Farsoon High-Tech Co., Ltd., Mcor Technologies, and Ultimaker B.V.