The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The overall SON market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.9% from 2018 to 2023”
The SON market is expected to grow from USD 3.64 billion in 2018 to USD 6.39 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 11.9% between 2018 and 2023. Virtualization of mobile networks, along with the high demand for wireless connectivity, is driving the growth of the SON market. Further, the need to manage the growing network complexity with the increasing number of small cells is contributing to the growth of the SON market. However, the requirement of huge capital investment for the deployment of SON, along with security concerns with the implementation of open APIs may restrict the market growth.
“The SON market for 4G is expected to hold the largest share by 2023”
The SON market for 4G network technology is expected to hold the largest market share by 2023. SON was first introduced for 4G/LTE technology. With the proper rollout of LTE across developing economies, 4G SON solutions have been adopted; therefore, the market 4G SON is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period and surpass 2G/3G SON.
“The market for SON services is expected to witness significant growth from 2018 to 2023”
The market for SON services is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to the fact that once the software is deployed in a network, it requires only maintenance and updating services. As the lifecycle of any SON software is long, several companies implementing the SON software enter into multi-million dollar, long-term service contracts. SON services involve product-based add-on services, such as software maintenance, upgrading, and training and consultancy services.
“Asia Pacific is likely to surpass the North American market during the forecast period”
Asia Pacific is expected to surpass North America to become the largest market for SON software and services. This is mainly attributed to the growing number of planned deployments of LTE networks in emerging economies of APAC. The strong support for LTE in APAC has started to compete for the early influence that North American operators have on the device and network vendors. The growing adoption of 3G and 4G/LTE and rising demand for high-speed data services have led to the increased demand for SON in APAC.
Break-up of the profiles of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 58%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 12%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 29% and Managers – 71%
- By Region: North America – 40%, APAC – 31%, Europe – 22%, and RoW – 7%
A few key players in the SON market are as follows: Airspan (US), TEOCO (US), Ericsson (Sweden), Cisco (US), Amdocs (US), Huawei (China), NEC (Japan), Nokia (Finland), Rohde & Schwarz (Germany), Qualcomm (US), VIAVI Solutions (US), Cellwize (Singapore), BLiNQ Networks (Canada), Bwtech (Brazil), Comarch (Poland), Casa Systems (US), Airhop (US), CCS Ltd. (UK), CommScope (US), and P.I. Works (Turkey).
This research report segments the global SON market on the basis of offerings, network infrastructure, architecture, network technology, and geography. The report discusses major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the SON market and also includes value chain and market ranking analysis.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the SON market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for subsegments across different regions.
- The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
- This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business.
- The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, along with the strategies adopted by the key market players such as product launches and developments, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, expansions, and contracts.