Valentine’s Day in the UK, 2018
"Valentine’s Day in the UK, 2018", report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Occasions series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer dynamics and spending habits of British consumers for Valentine’s Day. The report analyses the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes.
Fewer consumers bought into Valentine’s Day this year, with shopper penetration down 4.6 ppts from 2017. Consumer attitudes around the event continue to be negative with 77.2% of shoppers feeling that Valentine’s Day is too commercial, and shoppers are increasingly trading down as discounters improve their ranges.
- Although shopper penetration was down compared to Valentine’s Day 2017, the percentage of Valentine’s shoppers buying gifts for their loved ones was up 3.2ppts on last year.
- Personalisation was an important trend for gift shoppers, and not all retailers provided these services.
Reasons To Buy
- Using our in-depth consumer insight to learn which areas within Valentine’s Day spending are most important to ensure that product offerings are catering to the needs and wants of customers.
- Understand what drives consumers to use a retailer for their purchases, such as convenience, value for money and delivery options in order to maximise sales potential.
- Use our in-depth analysis of the leading retailers for the Valentine’s Day occasion in order to understand how to appeal shoppers and maximise market share.