The applications of composites within the automotive sector began in motorsport and premium segments primarily for performance objectives. However governmental regulations to meet emissions and fuel efficiency targets are now forcing automotive OEMs to increasingly look at ways to reduce vehicle weight to help reach these tightening emissions regulations.
However, composites are slow to manufacture and much more expensive than traditional steel or aluminium parts to mass produce. Consequently considerable R&D has been invested into developing production techniques to bring down the relatively high cost and slow speed of traditional composites production. As such composites components are now increasingly commonplace on car manufacturer’s vehicles and are inevitably trickling down their vehicle range from premium to medium and even budget segments.
The key player quantifies the automotive composites market as worth $14.34bn in 2018.
This report evaluates and quantifies who the leading 20 companies are in automotive composites by rank and market share %, including both automotive OEMs and composite specialists.
Company profiles reveal the following information
• Automotive composites market share %
• Automotive composites ranking amongst the top 20 companies
• Company overview
• Key financials
• Analysis of recent automotive composites developments
• SWOT analysis
• Analysis of strategy
The leading 20 companies profiled in the study include a mixture of automotive OEMs and composites specialists
• Daimler AG
• Fiat Chrysler
• PSA Peugeot-Citroen
• BMW AG
• General Motors (GM)
• Ford Motor Company
• Toyota Motor Corporation
• Volkswagen AG
• Renault S.A.
• Cytec Industries Inc
• Gurit Holding AG
• Dow Automotive Systems
• SGL Group Systems
• Johnson Controls
• Toray Industries
• Teijin (Toho Tenax)
Global market size for the automotive composites market
An analysis of the automotive composites market by type, and by component
There is also an evaluation of the future opportunities that exists in the automotive composites market.
Key questions answered
• What does the future hold for the automotive composites industry?
• Where should you target your business strategy?
• Which applications should you focus upon?
• Which disruptive technologies should you invest in?
• Which companies should you form strategic alliances with?
• Which company is likely to success and why?
• What business models should you adopt?
• What industry trends should you be aware of?
• Leading composites companies
• Automotive OEMs
• Component suppliers
• R&D staff
• Market analysts
• Business development managers
• Industry organisations