The global market for Silicon-Based Fingerprint Sensors is projected to reach US$377.3 million by 2024, driven by the growing ubiquity of fingerprint recognition capabilities in mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and notebook PCs. The market stands to benefit from the expanding range of applications of fingerprint-based identification on the back of the development of low-cost, active-capacitance, silicon-based technology. Few of the reasons responsible for the rise of silicon fingerprint as the most successful biometrics based security technology include greater security unrivalled by voice, face, hand or iris; ease of use and elimination of the need to remember personal identification numbers or carry smart cards/ badges; compact form factors; low power consumption and cost effective. In addition to robust opportunities in biometric smartphones encouraged by the enterprise BYOD trend, strong growth is also expected to come from smart cars, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Few of the other broad market and technology forces influencing growth in the market include continuous technology innovations aimed at developing thinner and flexible fingerprint sensors and the resulting direct impact on end-use application expansion; increased deployment of electronic access control implementations in the enterprise, manufacturing and commercial sectors; stringent legislation of safety regulations and the ensuing compliance burden; growing opportunity for swipe sensors in next-generation miniaturized electronic devices; the growing global base of connected devices against the backdrop of the rise of Consumer IoT, Industrial IoT, Automotive IoT, Enterprise IoT, Healthcare IoT and the resulting need to secure these devices. Asia-Pacific represents the largest and the fastest growing market worldwide with a CAGR of 10.8% over the analysis period, led by factors such as growing need for safety and security in the newly digitalizing Asian economies and the ensuing integration of biometric security features in consumer electronics, automobiles and industrial equipment.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- Japan Display Announces the Development of Transparent Glass-Based Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor
- Fingerprints™ Launches FPC1511 Fingerprint Sensor for Smartphones Designed to Enable Easy Integration of Fingerprint Sensors in the Smartphone Market
- IDEX Launches Ground-Breaking Flexible and Low Power Fingerprint Sensor for Contactless Cards
- IDEX Expands Fingerprint Solutions with Launch of Glass and Ceramic Touch Sensors Developed in Partnership with CanvasBio
- Microchip Technology, a Leading Provider of Microcontroller, Mixed-Signal, Analog & Flash-IP Solutions Acquires Atmel
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Swipe Fingerprint Sensors will remain the largest market, followed by Area Fingerprint Sensors.
- Notebooks ranks as the largest end-use market supported by the capability of Silicon-Based Fingerprint Sensors to replace password and PIN based authentication with more reliable and fool-proof identification.
Product Definition & Scope
- Silicon-based fingerprint systems are used for identifying fingerprints. In this technology, a weak electrical current is emitted for sensing and identifying the fingerprint's pattern differences. Silicon chip security technology is commonly used in laptop computers as well as low power consuming electronic devices.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, UK, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Swipe Sensors, and Area Sensors
- End-Use Segments:
- Notebooks, Physical Access Control, and Wireless Devices
- Egis Technology Inc.
- Fingerprint Cards AB
- Hangzhou Synochip Data Security Technology Co., Ltd.
- IDEX ASA
- Jiangsu Winch Corp., Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.