High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is a focal therapy technique, which targets the cancer tumors with little to no damage of the non-cancerous tissue surrounding them. High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology is maturing very rapidly around the world with diverse clinical applications. In terms of oncology, HIFU has considerable potential as it destroys the cancerous cells non-invasively. Surgery performed using high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) technology in combination with modern imaging systems, has the potential to ablate cancerous cell with great precision, giving it all benefits of non-invasive surgery such as it limits the impact of treatment on patient’s daily life and reduces recovery time as well.
Around the world, nearly 200 thousand patients have been treated with High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) in 2017. Uterine fibroids, Prostate diseases, Breast tumors, Liver tumors are some of the major patient’s indications treated using HIFU technology. It is believed that with new regulatory approvals and the development of HIFU technology will indeed drive high-intensity focused ultrasound business around the world.
Preferences of minimal invasive surgery, is also expected to boost the demand of high-intensity focused ultrasound device in the coming years. Around the world, there are more than 80 manufacturers who have been working vigorously to meet the thriving demand of HIFU devices. In the context of HIFU commercial treatment sites, there are nearly 700 sites of which around 400 HIFU commercial treatment sites are located in Europe itself.
Renub Research report titled “High Intensity Focused Ultrasound Patients Treated by Indication, Product Analysis of 20 Manufacturers, Deals, HIFU Numbers by Region (Research Sites, Technical Sites, Clinical Sites, Pre-Clinical Sites, Commercial Treatment Sites)”. Each company is discussed in depth with a section on its product line, revenue and latest development in HIFU market.
All the High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) in the report has been studied from 8 viewpoints:
1. Numbers by Region - HIFU Manufacturers, Research Sites, Pre–Clinical Research Sites, Clinical Research Sites, Technical Research Sites & Commercial Treatment Sites
2. Number of Treated Patients by Indication with HIFU
3. Major Deals (Collaboration Deals, Distribution Agreement Deals, Partnerships Deals) – 2012-2017
4. HIFU Products
5. HIFU Patents and Intellectual Property
6. HIFU Clinical & Regulatory Status
7. Companies HIFU Revenue
8. Latest Development in High Intensity Focus Ultrasound (HIFU)
20 High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) Manufacturers studied in the report is as follows:
1. EDAP TMS
2. Sonacare Medical
7. Shanghai A&S Co., LTD
8. Mianyang Sonic Electronic Ltd
9. Eye Tech Care
10. FUS Instruments
11. Image Guided Therapy
12. Philips Healthcare
13. Profound Medical Corp
14. Promedica Bioelectronics
15. Shenzhen PRO-HIFU Medical Tech. Co., Ltd.
16. Shenzhen Wikkon
17. Sonic Concepts
19. Changjiangyuan Technology Development Co., Ltd
This report provides the answer of the following questions:
- How many HIFU research sites are currently working across the world?
- What are the company’s latest developments in the HIFU segments?
- What is the advantage of the each HIFU manufacturer products?
- How many HIFU clinical research sites are currently active around the globe?
- How many HIFU commercial treatment sites are there in world?
- How many HIFU products are available for the particular company?
- What is the HIFU product regulatory status for the particular company?