The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Future of the German Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of the German defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The German defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the German defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to capital expenditure and revenue expenditure. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the German defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the German defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- Germany is one of the top 10 defense markets globally, with a defense budget allocation of US$46.5 billion in 2018. The country’s defense expenditure is primarily driven by military modernization programs and its involvement in peacekeeping operations. Defense expenditure registered a CAGR of 1.92% registered between 2014 and 2018.
- Capital expenditure’s share of Germany’s total defense budget increased from 17.9% in 2014 to 19.7% in 2018. Over the forecast period, capital expenditure’s average share is expected to be 19.6%, while the remaining 80.4% will be directed towards revenue expenditure.
- The MoD is expected to invest in Land-based C4ISR, Military IT Networking and frigates among others.
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the German defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the German defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts