The scope of this report is comprehensive, covering the present status of and future prospects for OE/aftermarket friction materials and products in North America (i.e., the United States and Canada), Western Europe, Japan, China, India and other global markets. The North American market is covered in the greatest detail. The report covers diverse segments such as light vehicles, medium- and heavy-duty trucks, the automotive aftermarket, aircraft/aerospace, construction and other off-road equipment and various industrial applications. These segments are analyzed in detail as are technology developments, market conditions and opportunities, and five-year forecasts. The role of new technologies is reviewed in this comprehensive report.
In order to generate the information necessary to construct a reasonable future market for friction materials, it is necessary to undertake an examination of the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of materials. In particular, environmental concerns are very significant for some types of friction materials. This report covers two types of friction materials:
Dry friction materials such as non-asbestos organic (NAO), semi-metallic, low-metallic and asbestos friction materials.
Wet-friction materials such as paper products.
In addition to various friction materials and products, the report also covers the many issues concerning the merits and future prospects of the business, including corporate strategies, technologies and the means for providing these products and service offerings. It also covers in detail the social, political, regulatory and economic issues that so many regard as critical to the industry’s current state of change. The report provides a review of the friction materials and products industry and its structure, and the many companies involved in providing these materials and technologies. The competitive position of the main players in the market and the strategic options they face are also discussed, as well as competitive factors such as marketing, distribution and operations.
The values presented in the forecast tables represent the value of the friction products purchased by the OE manufacturers and other industrial companies. These measure value at the point of apparent consumption, regardless of where the friction product was manufactured. For materials, the values represent those paid by the friction product manufacturers. The volume data represent the consumption of these materials by the friction product manufacturers at the point of manufacture for these products, regardless of where the product is sold and used.
- 42 data tables and 34 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for friction products and materials within the industry
- Analyses of market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of applications of friction products and materials in light vehicles, medium- and heavy-duty trucks, aircraft, and other industrial applications
- Analysis of potential business opportunities in the future market
- Coverage of two type of friction materials ? dry friction materials such as non-asbestos organic (NAO), semi-metallic, low-metallic and asbestos friction materials, and wet-friction materials such as paper products
- Critical analysis of the changing regulatory environment along with recent regulations regarding manufacturing and supplying of friction products and materials
- Examination of vendor landscape and company profiles of major market players including ABS Friction Corp., H-E Parts International, European Friction Industries (EFI) Ltd., Hindustan Composites Ltd., and Japan Brake Industrial Co. Ltd.