Energy Consumption Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global Energy Consumption industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Sector size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the Sector.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global energy consumption Sector. Includes Sector size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of Sector growth trends and leading companies.
- The energy consumption sector is defined as the energy consumption by industry, transport, residential, commercial, agricultural, and fishing consumers and markets.
- Volume is defined as consumption of mtoe (million tonnes of oil equivalent) of coal & coal gases (including coal and peat), oil & oil products (including crude oil), natural gas, biofuels and waste (including biofuels and nuclear), and electricity and heat (including hydro, geothermal, solar, electricity, and heat).
- Value is calculated by multiplying total consumption by average electricity prices.
- Any currency conversions calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The global energy consumption sector had total revenues of $8,845.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% between 2013 and 2017.
- Sector consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.3% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 8,633 million toe in 2017.
- Oil has an unusually high share of the sector in Mexico. Oil plays an important role in energy generation but has been losing ground to natural gas of late, the cost advantage of which has been reinforced by the prevalence of US shale gas.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global energy consumption Sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global energy consumption Sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key energy consumption Sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global energy consumption Sector with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global energy consumption Sector by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global energy consumption Sector in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global energy consumption Sector?
- How has the Sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global energy consumption Sector?