“Increasing use of catalyst carriers in petroleum derivatives, stringent regulations associated with petroleum treatment, and demand for effective catalysis are driving the catalyst carriers market.”
The global catalyst carriers market is estimated to be 121.2 kilotons in 2018 and is projected to reach 151.8 kilotons by 2023, at a CAGR of 4.6%. The growing consumption of petroleum derivatives to meet the increasing energy demand is the major factor driving the catalyst carriers market. Stringent regulations associated with petroleum treatment and demand for effective catalysis across industrial verticals are other factors that are expected to drive the catalyst carriers market. Incorporation of advanced technologies in chemical synthesis is diminishing the use of catalysts, which, in turn, is restraining the catalyst carriers market.
“Based on product type, ceramics catalyst carriers is expected to be the fastest-growing segment of the market.”
Ceramic catalyst carriers is estimated to be the fastest-growing product type segment of the catalyst carriers market during the forecast period. The growth of the segment is mainly attributed to its growing consumption in petroleum refining in catalytic cracking hydroprocessing and catalytic reforming as a support material with the catalyst. They are also used in chemical synthesis of various hydrocarbons and the Haber’s process.
“Based on shape/composition, spherical catalyst carriers is expected to be the fastest-growing segment of the market.”
Spherical catalyst carriers is expected to be the fastest-growing segment of the catalyst carriers market during the forecast period. The growth of the segment is mainly attributed to its superior properties such higher stiffness, lower thermal expansion, lighter weight, increased corrosion resistance, and higher electrical resistance than its counterparts.
“Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing catalyst carriers market.”
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing catalyst carriers market during the forecast period. Massive economic development has led to the growth of the manufacturing sector in the region, which is fuelling the growth of the chemical, oil & gas, and automotive industries. Low production cost, easy access to skilled work force at low cost, and government initiatives such as FCI are further expected to lead to high investment, in terms of capacity expansions, in these industries in the region. Such factors are expected to drive the catalyst carriers market in the region.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts globally.
These primary sources have been divided into 3 categories, namely, company type, designation, and region.
- By Company Type: Tier 1–45%, Tier 2–22%, and Tier 3–33%
- By Designation: C Level - 50%, Director Level - 10%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: Asia Pacific - 50%, Europe - 20%, North America - 10%, South America - 10%, and Middle East & Africa - 10%,
The report also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by major market players, such as CeramTec GmbH (Germany), Saint-Gobain (France), W. R. Grace & Co. (US), CoorsTek Inc. (US), Cabot Corporation (US), Almatis GmbH (Germany), Sasol Ltd. (South Africa), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), NORITAKE CO., LIMITED (Japan), and Magma Ceramics & Catalysts (UK).
The report covers the catalyst carriers market and its product types across different industry verticals and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments, such as product type, shape/composition, end-use industry, and region. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of key market players along with their company profiles.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analyses ? industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the catalyst carriers market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on catalyst carriers offered by the top players in the global catalyst carriers market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the global catalyst carriers market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyses the market for catalyst carriers across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global catalyst carriers market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global catalyst carriers market