Mining, manufacturing and utilities sector contributed 23.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (17.7%), and agriculture sector (13.9%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 4%, 4.3% and 3.8% respectively in 2019
Rabat-Sal?- K?nitra and Casablanca - Settat are the major regions of Morocco in terms of economic activity (47.7% share) and contributed 33.9% of the total population in 2015
Ireland, France, Denmark, and the UAE contributed the largest share of FDI inflow to Morocco in 2018
- According to World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Morocco declined over the last two years with a decrease in rank from 86th in 2016 to 109th out of 160 countries in 2018
- The overall Casablanca Stock Market Index - MASI has exhibited a downward trend over the last one year. As of June 21 2019, the MASI index decreased by 6.8%, compared to June 20 2018
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.