Authenticity & Heritage is attributed to both premium quality and trustworthiness. The trend is closely associated with quality as it represents greater attention to detail through premium formulations and artisanal production methods, as well as through a compelling brand backstory. The Authenticity & Heritage trend is growing in importance as consumers increasingly seek more genuine experiences and interactions with brands.
This interest in Authenticity & Heritage appears to extend across a wide range of consumer groups and sectors, particularly within the food, beverage, and personal care sectors, presenting significant opportunities for producers.Consumers also value brands with a longstanding history, and often perceive them to be more reliable and trustworthy.
Millennials tend to be more influenced by this trend as they attach a high value to genuine and trustworthy interactions with brands. It is noted that, 36%of consumers globally say authenticity would encourage them to pay a premium for high-end products.Consumers in the Middle East & Africa, Central & South America, and Asia Pacific markets are more receptive to the idea that the older the brand, the better the quality.
"TrendSights Analysis: Authenticity & Heritage", explores what the trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize on it. The research concludes by identifying where the trend is heading next and how long it will last.
- 52% of consumers completely or somewhat agree that the older the brand, the better the quality.
- 36% of consumers globally say authenticity would encourage them to pay a premium for high-end products.
- 52% of consumers globally agree that products from the past are better than the ones available now.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.