Success Case Study: BiPro Protein Water - Tapping into consumers’ on-trend protein needs in a simple, natural beverage format
BiPro Protein Water is an extension of the whey protein business of brand owner BiPro. A manufacturer of whey protein powder additive, the company created a new opportunity for consumers, particularly those on the go or needing sports nutrition, to increase their protein intake while marrying this to a credibly natural positioning.
The high-protein diet trend continues to fuel NPD as producers look for new ways to offer consumers opportunity to increase their protein intake. This has begun to include the introduction of protein into different occasions throughout the day where it was previously absent, and in newly developed forms.
- BiPro Protein Water’s core strength is derived from the continuing prevalence of the protein trend; for several years, consumer attention has been directed towards understanding and embracing the benefits of a high-protein diet.
- 40% of consumers globally believe whey protein to have a positive health impact. Consumers generally have good (even if undetailed) awareness of key benefits from dairy, such as protein, calcium, and vitamins.
- Water is a good delivery system for protein, if that protein component is truly taste neutral and does not affect the sensory experience.
- Protein waters like BiPro can become part of normal daily consumption behavior, just as normal bottled water (or flavored water) has become for many consumers globally. This makes the ideal of a high-protein diet more achievable for many time-poor consumers.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.