Westons Wyld Wood Organic Cider is the leading organic cider in the UK, produced by a company with strong, credible roots in organic farming. A rebranding of the product in 2017 has highlighted the benefits to be had from demographic targeting, specifically the organic preferences of younger adults.
Organic products offer an attractive proposition for consumers increasingly concerned with ensuring a greater intake of certified natural products and embracing associated ethical and sustainable practices. This is a growing trend in alcohol too, with organic claims expanding beyond wine into other categories.
- "Organic" is part of a web of interconnected associations and qualities that consumers see as positive product attributes. Highlighting organic qualities prominently has become a common means of inferring superiority.
- Organic cultivation and natural ingredients, combined with local/artisanal production and a rise in connoisseurship around craft products, help a product to break out and access more potential premiumization opportunities.
- Millennials and Generation X consumers have been important in fueling the rise of craft alcohol as well as organic products in general. Their values and lifestyles align well with the ideas that organic products represent.
- Organic premiums can be reinforced with recognized third-party validation. Wyld Wood benefits from its connection to the UK’s Soil Association: organic accreditation offers added credibility and quality assurance to products, making its provenance claims more “real.”
Reasons To Buy
- Use GlobalData’s selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.