"Cigarettes in the Ivory Coast, 2018", is an analytical country report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
The Ivory Coast has traditionally been one of the most promising markets for cigarette manufacturers and importers. A relatively stable economy, rising income levels, and steady population growth have all helped to boost volumes. Contraband sales, as in many other African nations, are an important feature of the local cigarette market and increased in late 2002 as hostilities intensified. The local market is a mix of dark tobacco cigarettes and English-style, flue-cured Virginia blend cigarettes, but with American blend cigarettes also featuring and gaining share.
- A relatively stable economy, rising income levels, and steady population growth have all helped to boost cigarette consumption volumes.
- Significant investment by SITAB in its local production capacity allowed volumes to expand and sales to grow by almost 18.4% in 2010 to 3,619 million pieces.
- The local market is a mix of dark tobacco cigarettes and English-style, flue-cured Virginia blend cigarettes, but with American blend cigarettes also featuring and gaining share. Economy brands are the most important segment of the market. Increases in internal tax rates were announced in December 2014, and these came into effect at the beginning of 2015. Meeting the requirements of UEMCA was given as a main reason for these further increases in internal taxes.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.