Myanmar is currently in the midst of a political transformation as historically, Myanmar was ruled by the army, but is now being run by a civilian government. The country is therefore focusing on developing the country’s economy and is in the process of cutting down on military expenditure, registering a CAGR of -20.43% during the historic period. However, over the forecast period, the country’s defense expenditure is expected to stabilize and is anticipated to exhibit a growing trend over the forecast period.
Myanmar’s defense budget is mainly driven by the country’s involvement in the longest running civil war, ethnic conflicts and insurgencies, along with its increasing capital expenditure on the modernization of its navy and air force. The country’s strained relationship with Bangladesh over the control of an abundance of oil and gas reserves is the reason behind the county’s naval modernization plan. In addition, capital expenditure is expected to register a CAGR of 5.90% during the forecast period to reach US$574 million in 2023.
Key opportunities relating to the procurement of defense equipment in Myanmar are expected to be in the areas of submarines, multirole aircraft, and corvettes, among others. Consequently, the remaining budgets will be allocated to revenue expenditure, which constitutes personnel salaries, development programs for military personnel, and training and development.
The report "Future of the Myanmarese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023" offers detailed analysis of the defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Myanmar’s defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the Myanmarese defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the Myanmarese defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Myanmarese defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
Companies Mentioned - Myanmar Defense Industries (DI), Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Bharat Dynamics Limited, Larsen & Tubro, Bharat Electronics Limited and Yakolev
- The Myanmar defense budget is valued at US$975 million in 2018 and registered a CAGR of -20.43% during the historic period. The country is currently in the midst of a political transformation as historically, Myanmar was ruled by the army, but is now being run by a civilian government. The country is therefore focusing on developing the country’s economy and is in the process of cutting down on military expenditure.
- The country’s capital expenditure allocation, which stood at an average of 42.4% during the historic period, is anticipated to increase significantly to an average of 45% during the forecast period. This increase is primarily due to the procurement of advanced defense equipment and a focus on increasing the capabilities of the country’s indigenous defense industry.
- The MoD expected to invets in submarines, multi-role aircraft, maritime surveillance and detection and corvettes, among others
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Myanmar defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the Myanmar defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts