The growth in the market for waterproof cameras is gaining rapid pace. With significant developments in the field of technology and heavy investments from the market leaders in the development of new products is driving the global market. Other factors driving the market growth are the growing travel industry and high disposable income.
The global tourism industry has been valued in billions and contributes close to 10% of the global GDP. In the last few years, the number of travelers around the world has considerably increased, which gives an opportunity to the companies associated with this industry. Most of the waterproof cameras can be used in other applications such as water surfing and diving and this feature boosts to the global demand.
High disposable income around the world is also one of the major driving factors driving the growth of waterproof camera market. However, the market recognizes high cost and rising adoption of smartphones as major challenges in the market.
The market for waterproof cameras is segmented by type into normal and disposable waterproof cameras. Based on camera range, the market is segmented into 10-30 m, 30-60 m, 60-80 m and 80 m & above. Whereas, based on application, the market is segmented into security & surveillance, media & entertainment, travel & tourism, and others.
The global waterproof camera market was valued at USD 3.81 Billion in the year 2016 and is projected to reach USD 7.59 Billion by the end of the forecast period 2018–2023 growing with a 5.51% CAGR.
The key players of Waterproof Camera market are Fujifilm (Japan), Nikon (Japan), Go-Pro (U.S.), Canon (Japan), Kodak (U.S.), Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Robert Bosch Gmbh (Germany), FLIR Systems (U.S.), Olympus (Japan) and others.
Global Waterproof Camera Market Analysis & Forecast, from 2017 to 2023
- To provide a detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next six years of the various segments and sub-segments included in the global market research report with analysis of its developments and demand in the market
- Upcoming technologies, high growth geographies, and countries have been identified
- Regional and country-specific demand and forecast for the waterproof camera market are studied
- Key market segments covered in the report are type, range, application, and region.
- For all the regions, forecast demand for all applications has been identified, and then with historical figure, data collected through primary and annual reports are triangulated to derive the regional market size
- Historical trends are identified to forecast and estimate the future value data
- Managed service providers
- Research and development companies
- Market research and consulting firms
- Solution providers
- Technology standards organizations
- Technology investors
- System Integrators
- The global waterproof camera market was valued at USD 3.2 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 10.4 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 18.51% during the forecast period 2017–2023
- By type, the normal waterproof camera segment accounted for the largest market share in 2016 and is projected to reach 7.76 billion during the forecast period.
- By range, 10–30 m segment held the largest market in 2016 and is projected to be valued at 5.32 billion during the forecast period.
- By application, in the same year travel & tourism segment held the largest market share and is projected to reach 4.381 billion during the forecast period.
- Geographically, North America region held the largest market share in global waterproof camera market followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
Regional and Country Analysis of Waterproof Camera Market Estimation and Forecast
The regional analysis of waterproof camera market is studied for Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and Rest of the World. North America region accounts for the largest share in waterproof camera market due to the presence of major players such as Kodak, Honeywell International Inc., FLIR Systems, among others. The waterproof camera market in the European region is expected to witness rapid growth in the forthcoming period owing to the growth of travel and tourism industry in the region and high demand for private security solutions. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period. The increasing use of social media and adoption of cutting-edge technology is further aiding the growth of waterproof camera market in the region.
The reports also cover country-level analysis:
- North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- ·Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- ·The Middle East & Africa
- ·Latin America