“The antimony market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.0% from 2018 to 2023, in terms of value.”
The antimony market size is estimated to be USD 1.77 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 2.37 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 6.0% between 2018 and 2023. The increasing demand for antimony in the chemical industry is one of the most significant factors driving the antimony market. Antimony is a rare silvery-white, shiny, brittle, semiconducting element which is used in flame retardant, plastic additives, refining agent, pacifier, and alloying agent. Environmental & health concerns and the high price of antimony are restraining the growth of the antimony market.
“The trioxide segment is projected to lead the overall antimony market during the forecast period.”
Around 70% of the antimony produced is consumed in the form of antimony trioxide (ATO), globally. ATO is used in flame retardant, plastic additives, glass & ceramics, and pigment applications. Owing to its wide-range applications, the ATO segment is projected to lead the antimony market during the forecast period.
“The antimony market in the chemical end-use industry is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The chemical industry is the major consumer of antimony. Antimony is used in the chemical industry as a flame synergist, catalyst, and stabilizer. Antimony trioxide or triacetate form is used as a polycondensation catalyst in the late-stage polymerization of PET production. Antimony is also used as a stabilizer in plastic production that is susceptible to degradation by heat and ultraviolet light (UV).
“The antimony market in the APAC region is projected to witness the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023.”
The antimony market in the APAC region is projected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the increasing demand for antimony in China, Japan, South Korea, and others countries. The APAC region is bestowed with large reserves of antimony and accounts for 70% of the global antimony production. APAC leads the antimony market both in terms of production and consumption.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted.
The breakdown of primary interviews by company type, designation, and region is given below:
- By Company Type- Tier 1 - 10%, Tier 2 - 25%, and Tier 3 - 65%
- By Designation- C level - 10%, Director level - 30%, and Others - 60%
- By Region- Asia Pacific - 45%, North America - 20%, Europe - 15%, South America - 11%, and Middle East & Africa - 9%
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of key companies listed below:
• AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group (Netherland)
• Mandalay Resources (Canada)
• United States Antimony Corporation (USAC) (US)
• Korea Zinc (South Korea)
• Recyclex (France)
• Nihon Seiko (Japan)
• Umicore (France)
• Hunan ZhongNan Antimony & Tungsten Trading Co., Ltd. (China)
• Huachang Antimony Industry (China)
• Consolidated Murchison Mine (South Africa)
• Hsikwangshan Twinkling Star Co. Ltd. (China)
• Belmont Metals (US)
• Tri-Star Resources Plc (UK)
This report covers the antimony market and forecasts the size of the market till 2023. The report segments the antimony market based on type, application, end-use industry, and region. The Porter’s Five Forces analysis and key market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities influencing the growth of the antimony market have been discussed in the report. The report also provides company profiles of major players operating in the antimony market.
Benefits of Buying the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the antimony market in the following ways:
- This report segments the antimony market and provides the closest approximation of revenues for the overall market and its sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the antimony market.
- This report is also expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors and gain insights into improving their position in the antimony market.
- The competitive landscape section includes an ecosystem of competitors and detailed information on new product developments, expansions & investments, agreements/contracts, and mergers & acquisitions.