The total telecom services revenue in Saudi Arabia will increase at a CAGR of 3.1% over 2018-2023 to reach $16.0 billion by the end of 2023, supported by revenue growth in mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data segment accounted for 42.2% of total telecom service revenue in 2018 and will remain the largest revenue contributing segment through 2023. Fixed broadband revenue will increase at a CAGR of 12.6% over 2018-2023 to reach $1.8 billion by the end of 2023, driven by robust growth in FTTH subscriptions.
The report “Saudi Arabia: Country Intelligence Report” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report “Saudi Arabia: Country Intelligence Report” provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Saudi Arabia
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, and more
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Companies mentioned: STC, Mobily, Zain, Virgin, Lebara, ITC, GO, OSN, beIN Sports
- Overall telecom service revenue reched $13.8 billion in 2018 and will increase at a CAGR of 3.1% over 2018-2023 to reach $16.0 billion by the end of 2023.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 81.9% of total telecom revenue in 2018 and mobile data segment will represent the leading revenue generating segment throughout forecast period.
- 4G accounted for 50.8% of total mobile subscriptions at the end of 2018 and will remain the leading mobile technology through 2023. We expect commercial 5G services to become available in 2019.
- The top three mobile operators, STC, Mobily, and Zain accounted for 92.0% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2018.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Saudi Arabia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Saudi Arabia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Saudi Arabia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia.