The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Romanian ice cream sector is led by the ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ category in both value and volume terms. Take-home and bulk ice cream category is also expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2017-2022. Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of ice cream in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector, followed by rigid plastics. Betty Ice, Top Gel and Amicii are the leading brands in the Romanian ice cream sector.
Our Country Profile report on the Ice cream sector in Romanian provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for artisanal ice cream, impulse ice cream - single serve, and take-home and bulk ice cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in value terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, convenience stores, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: box, film, tub, wrapper and bag/sachet.
- The ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ category is expected to gain value share during 2017-2022
- Per capita consumption of ’impulse ice cream - single serve’ is higher when compared to other ice cream products in Romania
- Betty Ice and Nirvana are the leading brands in the ’take-home and bulk ice cream’ category
- The top three brands in the ’take-home and bulk ice cream’ category accounted for 51.2% value share in 2017
- Bag/sachet the most commonly used pack type in the Romanian ice cream sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.